Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 AM

278 posts, read 693,170 times

Advertisements

I've taken my dogs to The Flying Saucer, Cappy's, The Lion & Rose, even inside the bars on St. Mary's. They don't mind since it means more sales and a higher tip. Never had a problem once. Ever. In fact, I've seen people complain about loud children while my dogs were at a restaurant. They're not dirty, they don't have fleas, and they're well behaved, even around food and large crowds.

This is exactly the kind of issue that holds SA back. You have people complaining about something that doesn't even affect them, same thing happened with smoking. "I'd go to the bar/restaurant more often if it weren't for the smokers." What happened in every city? People stopped going to the bars and the complainers found new things about which to complain.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 AM

278 posts, read 693,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
What about people who are allergic to dogs? Are you a gluton and dog free restaraunt?
What if my dog doesn't shed? And should be ban peanuts from restaurants for the people who are allergic?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Default Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
I've taken my dogs to The Flying Saucer, Cappy's, The Lion & Rose, even inside the bars on St. Mary's. They don't mind since it means more sales and a higher tip. Never had a problem once. Ever. In fact, I've seen people complain about loud children while my dogs were at a restaurant. They're not dirty, they don't have fleas, and they're well behaved, even around food and large crowds.

This is exactly the kind of issue that holds SA back. You have people complaining about something that doesn't even affect them, same thing happened with smoking. "I'd go to the bar/restaurant more often if it weren't for the smokers." What happened in every city? People stopped going to the bars and the complainers found new things about which to complain.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:24 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times
If you good dog owners can guarantee there won't be any BAD dog owners (I don't mean bad dogs, either) taking advantage of this new trend, then that's fine. But you know as well as I do that people who have no control over their dogs will be all over this.

I see lots of owners and their well-behaved dogs when I eat at W.D. Deli. I'm not comfortable sitting at a table next to a dog because I'm afraid of dogs and don't really trust them. BUT I've never seen a dog beg for food off the next table or anything.

If ALL dog owners were as responsible as that, I could live with it.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 AM

5 posts, read 2,189 times
What's the difference between an obnoxious dog and an obnoxious child? Legally you can leave the dog at home without supervision.

So, how about you folks with your obnoxious, ill-mannered, screaming-at-the-top-of-their-lungs little heathens start leaving them at home a quit bringing them out in public since you didn't feel it necessary to teach them manners and proper behavior in public. Then you can gripe about a dog,that, when, well-trained, will only ignore you whether he's at a dinner table or taking a dump.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
The poster mentioned that he or she loves kids in the very first sentence.
Lovely! Is the thread about kids in restaurants? No.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Lovely! Is the thread about kids in restaurants? No.
You mentioned that the poster had a dislike for children which is not the case and that's why I mentioned the statement about he or she loves kids in the first sentence. That's all.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:37 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
So....... back to dogs eating in restaraunts. Whatcha think??

Can we please leave kids out of this? It is about dogs in restaraunts. Kids should have never been brought up in the first place.
(I am guilty and if I still have time I will delete my comments about kids).

Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM

81 posts, read 188,507 times
This thread needs a poll, I will guess 90% will be against it and I'm part of that 90%.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 2,189 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

You mean other than one is genus Homo Sapiens and the other is canus? It's all in how you train/teach your children, just like how you train/teach your dog. Either one still accompanies you. Either one still needs or wants your attention. Either one still depends on you for guidance, support, and discipline. Maybe you are just afraid that a dog could act better than a little hellion-child anyday?

Last edited by Bo; 09-23-2009 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you quoted was edited by its poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio