Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:26 PM

278 posts, read 693,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
throw in some skrimps
too expensive, those are only on the night tables.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 PM

824 posts, read 1,815,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
my last point here:

let the restaurant owner decide if to allow dogs. you can choose where you want to eat. the system corrects itself, but i can guarantee that any place that allows dogs will not be hurting for business.
Well said, and I agree.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,093,737 times
Some posts in this thread were deleted. If the thread is to stay open, this discussion must be more civil and on-topic than it was with the deleted posts in it. For a useful discussion, follow the sections of the TOS below.

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,115,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budjb View Post
You kidding me? That's no point. Its premise is flawed. We're talking about humans vs dogs. They're not even remotely close to the same thing.

I suppose making that distinction is anti-progressive?
The poster is making a argument about the noise level of loud children and dogs.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,380,531 times
I would vote against this, but because of the dog owners, not the dogs themselves. Unfortunately, too many dog owners fit this pathetic description: Kerry Katona replaces her brown puppy after deciding she didn't like the colour of its fur | Mail Online It would be great if all dog owners were responsible, but only a fool would think that is possible.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 PM

161 posts, read 360,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
The poster is making a argument about the noise level of loud children and dogs.
Eh, kinda. But the point is moot. Children are your children and you must keep them supervised, therefore they go places with you. It's up the parent to discipline them; sometimes they don't. The fact remains that they still have to keep watch over them lest they be removed from their care.

A dog on the other hand is not your child, nor is it human. It's an animal. It may be better behaved than some children, but it matters not. You can leave a dog at home unsupervised and as long as it has basic necessities everyone's happy.

Point is loud, noisy, obnoxious children is a thing we HAVE to deal with, and dogs are not.

Now, I'm not saying I'm against the OT, I just didn't like how someone tried to spin the argument around to make a point, but it doesn't make sense.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budjb View Post
Eh, kinda. But the point is moot. Children are your children and you must keep them supervised, therefore they go places with you. It's up the parent to discipline them; sometimes they don't. The fact remains that they still have to keep watch over them lest they be removed from their care.

A dog on the other hand is not your child, nor is it human. It's an animal. It may be better behaved than some children, but it matters not. You can leave a dog at home unsupervised and as long as it has basic necessities everyone's happy.

Point is loud, noisy, obnoxious children is a thing we HAVE to deal with, and dogs are not.

Now, I'm not saying I'm against the OT, I just didn't like how someone tried to spin the argument around to make a point, but it doesn't make sense.
In some neighborhoods where dogs are roaming the streets without homes, homeowners are required to experience loud dogs (barking all day and night because they're hungry) and obnoxious dogs(because they get into their yards, gardens and create a mess) so I can see how some folks are stressed about not only loud and obnoxious children in the neighborhood but from dogs as well. This has become a huge issue with the large amount of strays we have in our city.
In other words, folks like the poster go to a restaurant and be witness to the unruly behavior of a child and on the other hand another diner cannot bring their dog along even though the dog is well mannered and is not creating an unpleasant environment for the rest of the diners.
That's what I took from reading that post. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:39 PM

Overall, I think it's something that is up to the restaurant to decide whether or not to allow pets in their patio/outdoor areas.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:55 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,338,982 times
You know the cleanliness of restaurants in San Antonio -- particularly on the River Walk -- is already questionable...certainly don't want to be eating a meal while Lassie is at the next table licking his you know what. And gawd knows...people won't be picking up all that dog poop left behind either.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 PM

452 posts, read 1,027,661 times
I love dogs and have had a few in my life, but a dog is a dog. There are people places and there are dog places. Restaurants (with or without patios) are people places. Children are people, so they belong in people places. See the logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio