Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornb17 View Post
heh... funny you should mention that. i helped design the site plan for that gas station. Sucks to hear about that type of activity at one of my projects.
yea the shooting happened on the last night my husband and i were there in the subdivision moving out of the rental house... we had just finished cleaning up the house at like 2am driving by the shell station were waiting for the light to change to get onto 1604 when we heard the 4 gunshots and saw this camaro speed off. my husband and i chased him long enough to get plates and call it into the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
We lived next door to a house that was occupied by the owner's teenage girl. She lived there alone...with 50 of her closest friends. They had parties every night and eventually burned the house down. Good times...good times.
i wonder if we had the same neighbor... The people that lived next door to us were horrible. They didnt want to pay for the trash service (You have to pay for trash service with Waste Mgmnt or Tiger 56-75 bucks every 3 mths) so they would let their garbage sit on the side of their house (which my sliding glass door would face) the stench was unbearable... yet the HOA sent me letters about my grass not being green enough. i took photos of the landfill i had next door and told them to do something about the landfill and ill think about doing something about my lawn..i also mentioned i would be sending the photos to eyewitness wants to know...

Old 09-27-2009, 10:53 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
i wonder if we had the same neighbor... The people that lived next door to us were horrible. They didnt want to pay for the trash service (You have to pay for trash service with Waste Mgmnt or Tiger 56-75 bucks every 3 mths) so they would let their garbage sit on the side of their house (which my sliding glass door would face) the stench was unbearable... yet the HOA sent me letters about my grass not being green enough. i took photos of the landfill i had next door and told them to do something about the landfill and ill think about doing something about my lawn..i also mentioned i would be sending the photos to eyewitness wants to know...
we never had any contact with or from any HOA -- although they were still building the neighborhood when we moved in. After the fire I wrote a very detailed and nasty letter expressing my outrage and sent it to everyone I could think of who had any association with the development. Must have been some letter -- I had big wigs calling my house within 24 hours. Even had an attorney call to question us about what was and was not exposed when the teens were out peeing in the yard. Apparently they could charge them with indecent exposure only if we actually saw...well you know.

It was just crazy over there and one hell of a year. Oh -- then we had another neighbor who was a window washer or something like that. And we got to wondering how much window washers actually making these days, because for weeks after they moved in they would get daily deliveries -- furniture, giant fish tank, tvs, they had a gazebo built, multiple cars, gigantic barbecue etc. etc. Plus, they had the house built. Then several months go by and I start getting strange calls from people asking if I knew my neighbor and would I pass along a message to him? Guessing these were creditors, I told them there was no way in holy water I was getting involved in that mess considering the guy was rarely sober. I'm not getting shot for some creditor. Not gonna happen.

Wisteria Lane has nothing on Bridgewood

Old 09-27-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:

we need a ROFL (rolling on the floor laughing) smile.

yea we spent 2 years in a rental home there. went through numerous neighbors and then had one of the neighbors kid actually enter our house (without us knowing, and unsupervised) get bit by our dog and blame us for the incident...

after that we were so ready to leave.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:08 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
yea we spent 2 years in a rental home there. went through numerous neighbors and then had one of the neighbors kid actually enter our house (without us knowing, and unsupervised) get bit by our dog and blame us for the incident...
WOW! You win, can't top that one.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
WOW! You win, can't top that one.
yea. it was kind of the icing on the cake.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
You must not have heard about the shooting that took place at the Mcdonalds/shell station a few months ago.
IIRC, that incident actually started further south on 1604 and only terminated at that gas station. And that was many months ago, look at the YTD crime stats and you will see that area is not that bad...

San Antonio Crime Data Directory

Whereas I agree that Bridgewood is not the best community, to label the entire area as being bad is simply wrong. There are a lot more neighborhoods out there that are much better (the OP was asking about the Hills of Shaenfield anyway) and that community is not nearly as bad as Bridgewood.

Plus, as stoneoak pointed out; Bridgewood is KB and usually that is not a good thing.

But overall the NW side of town is fairly safe and convenient for someone who presumably will be working at Lackland. We have owned two homes in the area and while traffic may be a pain, we like it there and honestly there is no other part of town I would want to live in.

Cheers! M2

Old 09-28-2009, 06:56 AM

432 posts, read 3,657,759 times
Quote:
we never had any contact with or from any HOA -- although they were still building the neighborhood when we moved in. After the fire I wrote a very detailed and nasty letter expressing my outrage and sent it to everyone I could think of who had any association with the development. Must have been some letter -- I had big wigs calling my house within 24 hours. Even had an attorney call to question us about what was and was not exposed when the teens were out peeing in the yard. Apparently they could charge them with indecent exposure only if we actually saw...well you know.

It was just crazy over there and one hell of a year. Oh -- then we had another neighbor who was a window washer or something like that. And we got to wondering how much window washers actually making these days, because for weeks after they moved in they would get daily deliveries -- furniture, giant fish tank, tvs, they had a gazebo built, multiple cars, gigantic barbecue etc. etc. Plus, they had the house built. Then several months go by and I start getting strange calls from people asking if I knew my neighbor and would I pass along a message to him? Guessing these were creditors, I told them there was no way in holy water I was getting involved in that mess considering the guy was rarely sober. I'm not getting shot for some creditor. Not gonna happen.

Haha. Although my house was new, it appears the phone number that AT&T gave us previously belonged to a guy who was like 6 months behind on his mortgage. We would get about 15 calls a day and they would ask for him and i said we just got this phone number and that guy no longer uses that phone number and we don't know that guy. the creditors would be like "are you sure you're not him?" Finally took intervention from the BBB to get them to stop!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 AM

299 posts, read 607,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
IIRC, that incident actually started further south on 1604 and only terminated at that gas station. And that was many months ago, look at the YTD crime stats and you will see that area is not that bad...

San Antonio Crime Data Directory

Whereas I agree that Bridgewood is not the best community, to label the entire area as being bad is simply wrong. There are a lot more neighborhoods out there that are much better (the OP was asking about the Hills of Shaenfield anyway) and that community is not nearly as bad as Bridgewood.

Plus, as stoneoak pointed out; Bridgewood is KB and usually that is not a good thing.

But overall the NW side of town is fairly safe and convenient for someone who presumably will be working at Lackland. We have owned two homes in the area and while traffic may be a pain, we like it there and honestly there is no other part of town I would want to live in.

Cheers! M2
There was more than one shooting incident at that gas station. The one we experienced was never on the news...like it never happened.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 AM

20 posts, read 84,427 times
So, the Hills at Shaenfield are better than the Enclave at Lakeside (by Marbach off Cable Ranch Rd and Water's Edge)? We are looking for a shorter commute to Lackland, a 4 bedroom, a SAFE neighborhood, and rent that will cost $1100. Thanks for all the insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio