Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:56 PM

486 posts, read 1,113,733 times

Advertisements

Not to hijack the thread but figured I would just add on instead of starting a new one. I am having a/c trouble on the car today took it to Meinke off West and I10 they did a evac/recharge and then said it was actually the compressor going out didnt charge me for the evac etc but wanted 800 bucks to get me another compressor.

Here is the thing Im running into, I cant guarantee they were right on the compressor as it was a remanufactured and has only lasted 2 years if they are right. I say all this to say does anyone know a place where I can get the compressor checked out/replaced under 600 or at least btwn 600-800? Firestone for parts alone quoted me 492 with 200 something in labor. So I guess im specifically looking for someone who is really good with A/c stuff.

If it helps any I am in the Blanco/410 area and the main problem the a/c has been exhibiting is losing cool at 75 degrees or there about outside, still got blower but no cool and even with the freon evac/ recharge still not fixed.

any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 07:32 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,831,828 times
I have known, and used, trust,
Carlisle Auto Parts

They are good Christian family owned, have grown, and will do the job right. Not the cheapest, but will do it RIGHT.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,754 times
Post Try "Another Garage"- 2010 N. St. Mary's

These folks are the best and easy to find. I thought my car's AC had gone out and my engine was overheating- it just needed water- both problems taken care of in less than 5 minutes and NO CHARGE! Nice people who don't try any tricks to make you spend $ when you don't need to.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:04 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,290,762 times
Not NW, but I'll put in a plug yet again for "My guys" on Broadway at Broadway tire & automotive. Purple stucco building down a bit from the Witte. Can't miss it. Ask for Kevin or Larry. They rock. Reasonable, honest, fair, and nice guys to boot.

Avoid a guy there named Henry. I think he's doing office management. He gives me a bad vibe.. he's a bit of a jerk. Maybe they've fired him (hope so!)... but deal directly with Kevin or Larry and you'll be fine.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 757 times
i need help cant afford much either my car has no heat and the power steering line broke this is to a 2000 mercury sable..husband & i are both disabled on fixed incomes looking to find an honest afforable mechanic any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as we both are w/o transportation now, ty.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:02 PM

5 posts, read 5,483 times
Default D&S Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by norahjones View Post
i need help cant afford much either my car has no heat and the power steering line broke this is to a 2000 mercury sable..husband & i are both disabled on fixed incomes looking to find an honest afforable mechanic any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as we both are w/o transportation now, ty.
Hi norahjones,
I've been using D&S Garage near the airport for about 5 years and I'm very happy with them. Here's their address and phone: 639 W Rhapsody Dr, San Antonio, TX ‎ (210) 340-8054
I find them to be competitively priced and honest. In fact, one time I priced out the problem (timing belt) and when I told them another garage came under their price, they pushed their price down below the competitors quote to keep me as a customer. Good luck and I hope your cars up and running soon!

Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM

75 posts, read 192,228 times
Is there anybody on northeast side that is reasonable on replacing a engine for 1997 Camry. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio