Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:32 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,613,112 times

Advertisements

The Westover Hills area is probably going to be the best. Does the Alamo Ranch area have any *gasp* apartments? That may also be an option too That area is growing so fast that it probably has lots of new and fairly new apartments that will fit your bill. I hear such great things from all the posters about the area. The drive from Elm Creek/Shavano Park will be hideous in SA terms.I did it once about a week ago and wanted to kill myself. Pass on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 03:10 PM

338 posts, read 1,228,543 times
ALAMO RANCH | APARTMENT HOMES

or

Verde Westover Hills in San Antonio, TX, offers one, two and three bedroom luxury rental apartments available today

one is on alamo ranch prkwy, and the other off 1604/wiseman. Both look nice and have tons of amenities. From experience I can say Laurel Canyon Apts are nice. Me and my family stayed there for a little over a year and a half while we were home hunting.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 PM

546 posts, read 1,495,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrockmedia View Post
ALAMO RANCH | APARTMENT HOMES

or

Verde Westover Hills in San Antonio, TX, offers one, two and three bedroom luxury rental apartments available today

one is on alamo ranch prkwy, and the other off 1604/wiseman. Both look nice and have tons of amenities. From experience I can say Laurel Canyon Apts are nice. Me and my family stayed there for a little over a year and a half while we were home hunting.
I sent him a link to verde.

Laurel canyon is ok but if i recall correctly they do take a certain number of section 8ers.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 AM

410 posts, read 920,336 times
There's a fairly new apartment complex that opened less than a year ago I think? I've never been inside. It's right off of Hwy 151 and Hunt Lane. Just a few minutes from 1604. It's gated, looks gorgeous...

I copy/pasted information for you.

PART OF THE MASTER-PLANNED WESTOVER HILL RESORT, BUSINESS AND RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY. Brand new Broadstone Westover Hills awaits you! Just 10 miles west/northwest of San Antonio's central business district. Easy access to downtown and the International Airport. Just minutes to Sea World, Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. This is the home for you - just one visit and you'll see why!

Good Luck!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,958,121 times
I think the Abbey at Grande Oaks has what you are looking for. It's on Eckhert close to Huebner, a quick 15 min drive to the Ingram area.

Abbey at Grande Oaks, The Apartments San Antonio, TX - Apartments for Rent in San Antonio Texas

Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,613,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
I think the Abbey at Grande Oaks has what you are looking for. It's on Eckhert close to Huebner, a quick 15 min drive to the Ingram area.

Abbey at Grande Oaks, The Apartments San Antonio, TX - Apartments for Rent in San Antonio Texas
Don't you have to take Bandera to get there? Even with the new interchange I wouldn't want to do that. There's great stuff over there, but not if you're heading too far west (like past the Medical Center). But, that's my opinion.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,167,297 times
The OP has stated he's not looking for a house at the moment. He's interested in apartments only.....

Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,167,297 times
There's apartments on Potranco Rd. between Culebra & Military Dr., 151 between Potranco and 1604 and there's one at Ingram & Mabe Rds as well as Culebra & Joe Newton. All of them are relatively close to the Ingram Mall\Alamo Downs area.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:21 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,958,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Don't you have to take Bandera to get there? Even with the new interchange I wouldn't want to do that. There's great stuff over there, but not if you're heading too far west (like past the Medical Center). But, that's my opinion.
You can take Babcock and go the back way to Ingram. And the complex has a parking garage, which helps a lot with hail/theft.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,771,723 times
Alamo Ranch, Westover Hills, Far West Side, Redbird Ranch, Westcreek are all good choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio