Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:44 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

did you look for a driver update? Word 2007 is obvioulsy a radical change and there may have been an update issued for it. Also, change the print area to fit what you want printed.

try some of these:
How do I change the printable area in Word
Margins Outside Printable Area Error in Word Viewer

or this for Excel: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...215421033.aspx

if none of this works, just Google print area or type that in the help portion of Word. That has almost always resolved issues with printing something that doesn't quite fit.

BTW, NEVER ask the geek squad. Talk about a waste of money.. if they had real qualifications they'd be working where I am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
Hmmm.... I'll have to look into this. These labels are a full sheet each and have our graphics etc on them. We manufacture cleaning chemicals, so the labels are very specific... The printer is some crazy "label-specific" printer. The labels are all attached together with a perforated line so when it skips, we can't reuse the label. So it's not only wasteful but expensive! It's not your typical printer. We don't think it's an issue with the printer, rather with Word. Like I said, everything was working fine until the boss messed with it!
Thanks for all your input. I do appreciate it!
Did your boss mess with the print settings? does the printer know its using that specific type of paper?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
Hmmm.... I'll have to look into this. These labels are a full sheet each and have our graphics etc on them. We manufacture cleaning chemicals, so the labels are very specific... The printer is some crazy "label-specific" printer. The labels are all attached together with a perforated line so when it skips, we can't reuse the label. So it's not only wasteful but expensive! It's not your typical printer. We don't think it's an issue with the printer, rather with Word. Like I said, everything was working fine until the boss messed with it!
Thanks for all your input. I do appreciate it!
We quit using our "label printer" and starting printing labels on the regular printer out of Word. Our label printer was a raging pain in the ass - it was always slipping offline and wasting the (very expensive!) labels. Since starting to print the labels on our regular printer, we haven't had any trouble.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:25 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Avery has a plug-in for MS Word so that you can print their labels, start here for a solution:

Templates | Microsoft Word Templates | Design and Print & DesignPro | Avery

You should find what you need here AND they're all free...enjoy !!
YES, just what I was going to suggest....

except I have cds and have installed the Avery software on my computer some time ago. I don't think they provide the cds anymore. The two that I got were included in packages of their (Avery's) labels....
I like having the software resident on my computer.....

Maybe it's something they occasionally include in their label packages. I'm just real glad I have the original cds and installed the software on my computer. I use them all the time.
At Christmas time, I use MS Clip Art and make labels for my C-mas cards and mailing labels for gifts....
it's great great fun for the gift stuff.....

Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I am still lost too. I had to use help the other day to do a VERY simple task, I felt so dumb .

I'm surprised at how much it changed.
I purchased and installed MS 2007 (included Word, Excel, PowerPoint and one other thing which currently eludes me, possibly Access) in summer of 2007. It did take me a while to get used to things/changes.

But now, for the most part, I really love it....

Okay, checked and the fourth item is "One Note"; have never even looked at it. At the time I bought it I was handling some commercial claims on a contract basis and MS2007 was a MUST and a LIFESAVER.

Good luck... nothing worse than 're-adjusting' when a deadline looms......

Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times
I used One Note all the time at my last job - it was great for organizing all the Word files I had to juggle as an instructional designer.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 AM

259 posts, read 732,099 times
do you have a backed up version from before your boss messed with it?

Old 10-07-2009, 04:04 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
It was a change in the printer settings. The software and MS Word 2007 were fine.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:11 AM

759 posts, read 3,688,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
It was a change in the printer settings. The software and MS Word 2007 were fine.
We appreciate your help!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio