U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:21 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,526,291 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about this neighborhood? Good, bad, and the ugly?
Thanks as always City-dataers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 03:34 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,457,525 times
I like it a lot. The location is good because it is almost right in the middle of I-10, 1604 and 281. You are probably 10 minutes from the airport. There is an HEB very near by and the schools are generally very good.

The bad - I don't like that it is in the flight path for the airport. you do get quite a loud rush when the planes come directly overhead. Churchill High School - which is the High School for this area - has kind of dropped in prestige over the years (still good, but has its share of problems). Traffic - like anywhere in SA - can be bad at the busiest times of the day.

All in all, I would move there - in fact that is probably where my wife and I will look in a few years when we decide to sell our home.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,526,291 times
Wow thanks Dendox! That was helpful! We know we would be in the flight path but for some reason that really outweighs living far out for us. My husband works near the airport and it would be great ti be that nearby! Thanks for the good info!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:55 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,194,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Wow thanks Dendox! That was helpful! We know we would be in the flight path but for some reason that really outweighs living far out for us. My husband works near the airport and it would be great ti be that nearby! Thanks for the good info!
I live 5 mins from there it is a nice area - good chinese across the road !!!
Churchill is a good High school and your close to everything.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:24 PM

2,392 posts, read 8,626,317 times
We used to live in Camino Real in the airport flight path and to tell you the truth after a while it was just back ground noise.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:29 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,457,525 times
My grandmother lived right across from the train tracks out in the country (meaning when the trains came by they were hauling a**). Whenever I would take friends to visit growing up - they would complain about lack of sleep and the awful noise. We never even noticed it until people said something about it - then only for that brief moment.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,219 times
This is a beautiful neighborhood. Even though it has a new section called "The Oaks at Vista Del Norte" which is gated, everything blends. The homeowners' fee is $265 a year I think. I has a community pool with lifeguard, tennis courts, basketball court, soccer field, park, and paths fo walking and strolling baby. The grounds are lovely and because all the homes are custom built it does not have a dated look. It is convenient to Wurtzbach Pky if you work near USAA or the Medical Center and about 20 minutes to Ft. Sam or Randolph. As for the airplane noise, everything in this central radius has it.....Hollywood Park, Deerfield, Hill Country Village, etc. Home values have gone up quicker than your best mutual fund.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:36 AM

34 posts, read 118,537 times
I just showed homes in this area on Thursday. It is a beautiful area. My only word of advise is to look at the future plans for Wurzbach Parkway. It is planned to go thru that area if all plans go thru.

Other than that, I love the area!

Old 07-28-2007, 12:07 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 857,292 times
The airplane noise becomes background noise for the most part. It is worth noting that about 95% of the time the flightpath is for landing aircraft so the noise level is pretty low to begin with. When they take off in this direction they are much louder, but that is not very often.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:39 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,194,677 times
My parents live in this neighborhood. Very nice. The lots are large - mature trees and mostly custom homes. It is where we hope to move in a few years. Same area as where we currently live - but a couple steps up in home quality and value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio