U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 02:32 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,115,223 times

Advertisements

I won't, I just haven't had time to go check it out yet. I will definitely do so this weekend...

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 12:59 PM

467 posts, read 911,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
By the way, Big Kahuna is set to expand their menu and change their name (finally) to:

Pho Sure!

(I like it.)
If I remember right, across the side street of the San Pedro Playhouse, there is a place called Pho Sho,...I thought that was funny!

Old 11-13-2010, 02:33 PM

Default Pho VN Noodles in Braun Pointe Shopping Center

Well, there's good news and bad news concerning the Pho VN Noodles place moving to the Braun Pointe shopping center.

The good news is that the rumor is correct, the far right spot in the mall does have signs that it is the future home of the restaurant.

The bad news is that the signs look like they've been there since the old place at the Shell station closed. Also, there is absolutely no indication that any work is being done inside to prepare for the opening. It is as vacant as vacant can be, bare walls, concrete floors, and little else (see atch'd pics).

So it will be months before it opens, if ever. I find this all odd as it was so popular in its previous location and one would think that the owners would want to get operations up and running as soon as possible. It'll be a good location (I don't think the nearby Sonic will steal a lot of the restaurant's customers), and a lot bigger than the old spot; I just wouldn't hold my breath on it opening anytime soon...

Cheers! M2
Attached Thumbnails
Need recommendations for good pho in San Antonio / Best Pho in town? (merged threads)-img_4372.jpg   Need recommendations for good pho in San Antonio / Best Pho in town? (merged threads)-img_4374.jpg   Need recommendations for good pho in San Antonio / Best Pho in town? (merged threads)-img_4373.jpg  

Old 11-13-2010, 05:19 PM

I forgot to include that the Braun Pointe mall is managed by UCR Chainlinks Retail Advisors (210 979-9700) if someone wants to try and contact them for more info....

Cheers! M2

Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 PM

4,103 posts, read 6,059,604 times
bummer

Old 12-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Wait, there's good news!

While cruising down Braun just across 1604, I noticed there was a sign saying the Vietnamese Pho Noodle place was "opening soon!" (or something like that, I only got a glance).

So I slammed the Jeep into the parking lot and went down to the spot in the strip mall where I saw the signs earlier, and lo and behold, there's construction going on inside!!

I think it will still a few weeks, depending on what needs to be completed; but they do have walls up and with any luck it won't be too long before we're all enjoying those delicious delicacies that place serves! I can barely wait!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Well, construction on Pho VN Noodles in Braun Pointe Shopping Center continues, as we drove by there they now have the sign up and it appears some furniture/equipment is being installed; so hopefully we'll see it open in a few weeks...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-02-2011, 07:11 PM

It's OPEN!

Yep, the VN Pho Noodle place at Braun & 1604 finally opened this weekend; as we drove by about an hour ago and it was packed! We are going to get by there soon, it just wasn't in the cards this evening; but I am happier than beans that it's finally open (it only took a year!).

Cheers! M2

Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 PM

11 posts, read 22,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
It's OPEN!

Yep, the VN Pho Noodle place at Braun & 1604 finally opened this weekend; as we drove by about an hour ago and it was packed! We are going to get by there soon, it just wasn't in the cards this evening; but I am happier than beans that it's finally open (it only took a year!).

Cheers! M2
Definitely going to order this to go. I've been patiently waiting. :3 Too bad I'm moving to Chicago at the end of the month, lol.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM

We got take-out from there on Tuesday, it was pretty good (take-out food never seems to be as good as dining-in) and their prices have also gone up a little. Still, I was happy to be able to enjoy their noodle dishes again!

I spoke a little with the owner, apparently they had a bit of a conflict with the landlord at their last location. He also said it was one year, three days since they closed up there. He's going to put some tables on the little patio next to the restaurant, it will be nice but I hope they put up umbrellas as well as it's facing west therefore gets the full blunt of the afternoon sun!

I snagged a menu, I'll try and scan it in and post it here.

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or