Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:02 PM

3 posts, read 6,811 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for everyone's comments - very helpful! We really would like to move south of 1604 and based on everything we have read on this forum and people we've talked to the Deerfield area seems like the area we are going zero in on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 07:26 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_chc05 View Post

2. Regarding Deerfield, what are the differences between the different Deerfield communities (i.e., ungated original, Fountains, Park, Waters, etc.)?
Original = ungated, most houses between 1987 and ~1990. Not sure how many houses are for sale there at the moment.

Woods = gated, houses between 1990 and 1993. Similar in size and quality to original Deerfield IMO. 4(?) houses for sale there last time I walked around the neighborhood about 3 weeks ago. I'll recount again later this week after the rain stops and my evening walkaround comes back. They all might be 1 floor... I know at least two are.

Fountains(?) = gated / guarded, houses from 1994-1996(?). Houses are larger than original / Woods at Deerfield. Thought I saw a couple or 3 for sale online.

Park and Waters = gated / guarded, don't know the age of the houses (probably newest). Houses are larger than all of the above neighborhoods. Not sure what's for sale there.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:40 AM

33 posts, read 49,198 times
Is Deerfield an okay commute to the Medical Center? We're relocating next year to SA for my job & I have two girls.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:47 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersfanNL View Post
Is Deerfield an okay commute to the Medical Center? We're relocating next year to SA for my job & I have two girls.
Yep. There are two quick routes to Med Ctr from Deerfield. I've had a few clients that are doctors that have looked in Deerfield.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersfanNL View Post
10-15 minutes tops door to door. I make it past Huebner / I-10 in no more than 10 minutes anyway.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM

116 posts, read 397,208 times
Default Real Property Tax Rate

Can someone let me know what their current real property tax rate is for the 78248 area? Thanks in advance!

Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 AM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
I never went to Eisenhower but I can tell you it is not as rough as Jackson. You shouldn't have problems going to Eisenhower it is in a good area. Anywhere you go you're doing to have some bad kids in the school. Some schools are rougher than others but no school is perfect.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,275 times
We are also considering buying a house south of 1604 in that area and looked at houses in Deerfield and other areas yesterday but we had some questions about the neighborhood if people wouldn't mind responding.

We have 2 kids, 5 and 3 with another one on the way. What are people's impressions of the neighborhood with respect to young families? Are there lots of families with young kids? I realize every community has a variety of different people in different life stages but just wondering if Deerfield attracts young families/kids like the Stone Oak area does where you see them all over.

Also - question on the pool/community center area - how do people like it? We didn't see anyone swimming there yesterday or at the park so we were wondering whether people really use it?

Lastly, we saw some very nice houses but some that were pretty run down - how do people feel about Deerfield holding its value in the future?...i.e, is it a good neighborhood in the area to make an investment for the future.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charhancam77 View Post
how do people feel about Deerfield holding its value in the future?...i.e, is it a good neighborhood in the area to make an investment for the future.
Until the additional (likely toll) lanes get built on Stone Oak Parkway in 5 or more years, living inside of 1604 remains a great alternative for those unwilling to face the horrible rush hour traffic bottlenecks leading into Stone Oak. I don't live in Deerfield, but I live inside of 1604. Property values have either held steady or increased in my neighborhood for the 8 years I've lived there.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:44 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charhancam77 View Post
We are also considering buying a house south of 1604 in that area and looked at houses in Deerfield and other areas yesterday but we had some questions about the neighborhood if people wouldn't mind responding.

We have 2 kids, 5 and 3 with another one on the way. What are people's impressions of the neighborhood with respect to young families? Are there lots of families with young kids? I realize every community has a variety of different people in different life stages but just wondering if Deerfield attracts young families/kids like the Stone Oak area does where you see them all over.

Also - question on the pool/community center area - how do people like it? We didn't see anyone swimming there yesterday or at the park so we were wondering whether people really use it?

Lastly, we saw some very nice houses but some that were pretty run down - how do people feel about Deerfield holding its value in the future?...i.e, is it a good neighborhood in the area to make an investment for the future.
I have a client that was very weary about Deerfield when she bought a year ago. She had three kids and the neighborhood she was coming from was great for kids. However, I talk to her all the time and her kids are THRILLED with Deerfield. They've made lots of friends close by, spend a ton of time at the community pool and just love the area.

For values, while nobody can guarantee anything, Deerfield has been and should continue to be one of SA's strongest neighborhoods. It's close to everything, inside the loop, full of wonderful homes and not at all overpriced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio