U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-27-2009, 01:48 PM
 
2,175 posts, read 5,608,118 times
Reputation: 692

Advertisements

I'm not looking for the retail shops. I'm trying to find the location of their main office, corporate moved to Dallas but they do have a main office somewhere in SA. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2009, 01:52 PM
RGJ
 
1,902 posts, read 4,016,644 times
Reputation: 848
I think it's at the corner of Broadway and Hildebrand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC & San Antonio, TX
790 posts, read 3,617,035 times
Reputation: 516
As far as I know, the building at Hildebrand & Broadway is for wireline operations, but I could be mistaken. AT&T still has two high-rise buildings at St. Mary's & McCullough as well. My understanding was that these two buildings are the main offices for regional R&D, marketing, operations for cable & wireless, but I could be mistaken. I'm sure we have AT&T employees on this forum... anyone care to explain in more detail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Helotes
778 posts, read 2,218,839 times
Reputation: 590
What "part" of AT&T are you looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 13,716,349 times
Reputation: 2709
SBC had over 21 buildings in SA in the year 2000. In house operations and technical support are all over. The main HQ was and should still be on Houston and ST Marys...and the NW corner across from the Gunter Hotel. That was their primo property and I doubt they would have let go of it even after ATT HQ moved to Dallas. Check it out first. I worked in that bldg and did a lot of in house contract work for SBC at that time....but I was not an SBC employee.
Ed Whitacre's office was on the top floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
490 posts, read 969,198 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
SBC had over 21 buildings in SA in the year 2000. In house operations and technical support are all over. The main HQ was and should still be on Houston and ST Marys...and the NW corner across from the Gunter Hotel. That was their primo property and I doubt they would have let go of it even after ATT HQ moved to Dallas. Check it out first. I worked in that bldg and did a lot of in house contract work for SBC at that time....but I was not an SBC employee.
Ed Whitacre's office was on the top floor.
They are out of the Houston street building.

I guess my question to OP would be, "what do you want?"

Several of their buildings here if you just show up without a badge you will be turned away.

And, outside of call centers, it is all clustered off McCollough & St. marys downtown, three different buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 PM
 
2,175 posts, read 5,608,118 times
Reputation: 692
Just researching job ops for a friend and wanted to see commute time. Thanks for the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2009, 09:14 PM
 
4,796 posts, read 13,716,349 times
Reputation: 2709
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
They are out of the Houston street building.

I guess my question to OP would be, "what do you want?"

Several of their buildings here if you just show up without a badge you will be turned away.

And, outside of call centers, it is all clustered off McCollough & St. marys downtown, three different buildings.
thanks for the update. a LOT of money was spent on the interior finish out of that building....and we all paid for it.....and that was when we didn't have a choice to have cells and Time Warner. I'm really surprised ATT let it go....the property management probably begged and offered anything and everything for them to keep it.

To the OP....can your friend ask where they are located so he/she can considered the commute time in applying for the job? Seriously....since the HQ is gone...there won't be as many, but you can tell from this thread that there are still quite a few locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2012, 01:21 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,377 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
As far as I know, the building at Hildebrand & Broadway is for wireline operations, but I could be mistaken. AT&T still has two high-rise buildings at St. Mary's & McCullough as well. My understanding was that these two buildings are the main offices for regional R&D, marketing, operations for cable & wireless, but I could be mistaken. I'm sure we have AT&T employees on this forum... anyone care to explain in more detail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2012, 01:28 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,377 times
Reputation: 10
I need to discuss about my bill in person, no luck by phone

thank u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top