U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:26 AM

30 posts, read 109,663 times

Advertisements

We are moving in 4 weeks can't wait!!!!!!

my children and I are so excited, my husband say's it's wonderful out their.

no more cold no more snow 12 inches and more no more being trapped in the house like a rat, because the roads are so bad that you may crash off the side of the road.

I know so many people are talking about how bad those loops and traffic are,well you have not seen traffic untill you live and drive in nj, that's traffic, the kind that you want to pull every hair out of your head, and the people are just as aggressive driving if not worst in nj then in san antonio.

My husband say;s what aggressive drivers? Aggressive drivers were the one's out by us. So you see the grass is not always greener on the other side.

My husband can not stop saying great things about it.)

When you are born and raised in nj there are no traffic and loop problems compared to the hell out in nj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 AM

48 posts, read 116,778 times
Welcome to Texas!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it..

Diane

Old 05-10-2007, 01:25 PM

470 posts, read 1,792,895 times
Welcome to TX. Hope you and your kids enjoy it as much as your husband does.

Coming from NYC, I know what bad traffic and humid weather are. Not too bad here, but I still think the traffic needs some improvement. I think it's fair to say that any growing town/city will have traffic issues for a season, so I try to remind myself of this.

All the best to you.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Thank you both

Old 05-10-2007, 07:18 PM

409 posts, read 1,427,090 times
Moving in 5-6 weeks myself! Can't wait! I'll be there next week for a final walk-thru on our home and I am getting so excited! I drive in from East Texas on 35. When I get to the point that I see the city my heart goes wild! When I see the city in rear-view mirror my heart breaks. Soon, we'll be ther permantly! Thanks for all the supportive comments/remarks about living in San Antonio, Texas! You really make this new-comer feel more informed and welcome!

Old 05-10-2007, 09:20 PM

592 posts, read 1,834,808 times
hope you like it. i lived in nyc. big culture shock. but a good one

Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,359,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA123 View Post
We are moving in 4 weeks can't wait!!!!!!

my children and I are so excited, my husband say's it's wonderful out their.

no more cold no more snow 12 inches and more no more being trapped in the house like a rat, because the roads are so bad that you may crash off the side of the road.

I know so many people are talking about how bad those loops and traffic are,well you have not seen traffic untill you live and drive in nj, that's traffic, the kind that you want to pull every hair out of your head, and the people are just as aggressive driving if not worst in nj then in san antonio.

My husband say;s what aggressive drivers? Aggressive drivers were the one's out by us. So you see the grass is not always greener on the other side.

My husband can not stop saying great things about it.)

When you are born and raised in nj there are no traffic and loop problems compared to the hell out in nj

Good for you, PA!!!
I am also a transplant. I'll tell ya, I lived in So Calif most of my life, lived in Dallas about 3 years, then moved back to Ohio to be near an ill and aging parent. I intended to return to Dallas when she passed away, but I came first to SA to stay with and visit with an aunt.
I fell in love, and NO WAY do I want to go back to Dallas now...
[tho', I may have to, in order to find work in my field... ]
anyway, best wishes to you - you sound SO excited!!! LOL

Old 05-11-2007, 06:11 PM

142 posts, read 304,976 times
PA, I think you will love it here. Sometimes we forget how we take the sunlight for granted, and the lack of snow and the lack of slush. We don't dream of sunlight because we have so much of it . but it can get very hot here in the summer and if your kids play soccer in the summertime, be careful of heatstroke. If you live closer in, traffic won't be a problem at alland if you put your kids into Northside ISD, Northeast ISD or Alamo Heights ISD, you won't need an expensive private school at all and these are BIG school districts with 50,000 or more students in them and lots of schools to choose from. Oh, and although I love our zoo and Brackenridge park, the Riverwalk and the botanical gardens, there are those who love Seaworld and Fiesta, Texas, too. The countryside around San Antonio to the north is beautiful and towns like Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Boerne and others are enchanting. And then there's Austin and New Braunfels and San Marcos and Seguin too. Yes, you will like it here, but make sure the air conditioning works. We are too far south for 99% of tornadoes, and too far north for most hurricane aftereffects - not bad!

Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 PM

469 posts, read 2,170,462 times
I'm so excited for you! I know when we moved out here last fall we were absolutely giddy. Congrats and welcome to Texas!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Thank You All Have A Great Mother's Day!!!!

i know we are going to enjoy it very much.

it's may here and now it's back down to 55 degree, I DON'T GET IT???? IT'S SUPPOSE BE GETTING HOTTER!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or