Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:58 PM

107 posts, read 422,319 times

Advertisements

I am sure you mean well, but all I was asking is WHERE in San Antonio could someone get the H1N1 shot right now. If you don't know, then move along, please. I wasn't asking for a debate or anyone's opinion on whether I should have it. And the whole mercury/thimerasol debate --not seeing how that is revelant either. I am a well informed and educated person that has made the decision to have the vaccine provided I can find it in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 04:38 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,328,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1226 View Post
I am sure you mean well, but all I was asking is WHERE in San Antonio could someone get the H1N1 shot right now. If you don't know, then move along, please. I wasn't asking for a debate or anyone's opinion on whether I should have it. And the whole mercury/thimerasol debate --not seeing how that is revelant either. I am a well informed and educated person that has made the decision to have the vaccine provided I can find it in the area.

Hey Julie, guess what? This is a discussion board. You asked where you could get the H1N1. We're...ah...discussing it. Gotta take the good with the bad. Frankly, I think we're being very nice by telling you other alternatives, because there doesn't seem to be any H1N1 vaccinations, as you have already determined.

The only reason I brought up mercury was in case you WERE NOT aware of it and that you actually would care as many people seem to be concerned--but I see now that was silly of me, especially since you're so "informed and educated".

Other people might be a little more gracious and say, hey, thanks, I appreciate the info...and continue searching. I guess that's not your style.

So...good luck to you...and that's all you'll get from me from here on out.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 PM

45 posts, read 141,985 times
Quote:
Great post

I do NOT know where you can get the H1N1 vaccine. However when I got my seasonal flu shot at Fort Sam 2 weeks ago they told me they didn't think that they would be getting the vaccine. I inquired even though I will not be getting it as I am not high risk nor pregnant.

Good-luck on finding the vaccine. If I hear anything I will DM you.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife517 View Post
Great post

I do NOT know where you can get the H1N1 vaccine. However when I got my seasonal flu shot at Fort Sam 2 weeks ago they told me they didn't think that they would be getting the vaccine. I inquired even though I will not be getting it as I am not high risk nor pregnant.

Good-luck on finding the vaccine. If I hear anything I will DM you.

Thanks!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
Quote:
I am sure you mean well, but all I was asking is WHERE in San Antonio could someone get the H1N1 shot right now. If you don't know, then move along, please.

The OP has spoken. This defines the topic for future posts in the thread. Everything else will be off-topic.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,278,868 times
Funny. I was at immunizations/allergy clinic at Lackland yesterday and someone wheeled in a cooler and asked the guy at the desk, "H1N1, where do you want it?"

Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 PM

61,172 posts, read 85,998,837 times
Today's news, Last Update: 3:58 pm

Approximately 1.6 million doses will eventually arrive in San Antonio, and everyone who wants to receive the vaccine should be able to do so. We just can't tell you when.

"We don't know when the vaccine arrives because the health department doesn't know, because the state doesn't know, because the federal government doesn't know"

Some hospitals have gotten small shipments of the vaccine and so has the health department. But Metro Health is waiting for a total of 300,000 doses. Of those, 100,000 will go to schools and the other 200,000 will go to the public at clinics around the city.

"What the state is telling us is that we probably won't have sufficient vaccine in order to do that before December first," added Charles Pruski of Metro health.

Once the vaccines arrive in San Antonio, public health clinics will be held within 72 hours.

In the meantime, many private doctors offices have received some of the vaccine for high-risk patients.

City approves funds for H1N1 vaccine clinics | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

So, Julie - check with your doctor. Good luck!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 PM

Thanks Elnina!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Funny. I was at immunizations/allergy clinic at Lackland yesterday and someone wheeled in a cooler and asked the guy at the desk, "H1N1, where do you want it?"

Hmmm...interesting. There is a link on the WHMC website for H1N1 information. I have been hearing that they are getting the mist in first, which I can't receive. Maybe this is hope for me! I heard the first week in October, but here we are at the end of the month. Deployers, Basic Trainees, and Health Care workers go first.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,601,084 times
Julie, I don't know how far out you want to go, but I think in Houston they have the vaccine. There's a thread going on in the Houston City Data about where to get it. There was even a photo in the Sunday paper of a San Antonio kid getting his shot in the Woodlands drive through shot clinic. I hope this helps, that's the best I can do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio