U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:38 PM

4 posts, read 26,637 times

Advertisements

I need some help. I have been looking for a house in these two areas.....is there anything I should know about them...pro's/con's. I seem to see more houses for sale in the Encino area......any reason why.....something going on in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 PM

554 posts, read 2,105,291 times
Horrible, horrible traffic out that way. That's the only negative that comes to the top of my head.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:41 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,523,296 times
Encino Park has a Capped HS. Students go to MacArthur rather than reagan. Which is funny because 20 years ago when Encino was founded that is where they went.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
I think it's hard to overstate how horrible the traffic is. I get on 281 southbound at Sonterra Blvd. every day at 5:30 or 6, and the traffic northbound is stacked up as far as the eye can see from about Donella through FM 1863. It must take at least half an hour to get from 1604 to Evans so you can turn right into the community. A shame, because it looks like a nice place, with all of the trees and greenery most of the new developments are lacking (like that Pulte homes thing at Stone Oak and 281 - what they did to that hillside is an abomination).

Old 05-11-2007, 02:39 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,207,372 times
I live off Evans.. I drive up 281 every day to evans after work.

From Sonterra to Evans is all of 10 minutes. The right hand lane ends at evans so the traffic moves pretty quick if you are turning into Encino or onto Evans. However, I do agree that if you live past Evans you are sitting in traffic a long long time.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 AM

12 posts, read 33,745 times
Default Encino Park and traffic

Hi,
Just thought I would chime in. We live in Encino Park and do not find the traffic bad at all. If you live past Encino further north on 281 then you have a problem. Encino Park is beautiful and has a wonderful elementary school around the corner!! )

Old 05-28-2007, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVCA209 View Post
I need some help. I have been looking for a house in these two areas.....is there anything I should know about them...pro's/con's. I seem to see more houses for sale in the Encino area......any reason why.....something going on in that area?
Encino Park is an excellent area. It is just south of all of the traffic on Evans and Stone Oak Park way. The school is outstanding. The school has received exemplary ratings from the Texas Education Agency for years. Most all of the students are in walking distance. A very warm feeling is created at the school - a great place for kids. A great choice!!!

Old 05-28-2007, 08:52 AM

554 posts, read 2,105,291 times
One of my best friends lives in the apartments off of Evans Road just off of 281. She says that it can take her as long as 15 minutes to turn south on 281 in the mornings.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Owl

112 posts, read 508,388 times
We live N of Evans, off 281. This is an area that is in the process of building some wonderful new shopping and entertainment centers. The way I see it is that a person living in this general area won't have to participate in the 1604/281 juncture all that much, unless they must use this corridor for work. Shopping will be close to where we live. And the hills are lovely, too.

Now, about traffic as it is now. I came from the L.A./Orange County area. Now we're talking REAL traffic there. Being held up for ten minutes on 281 traffic at rush hour is a breezy ride to me, when compared to taking 45 minutes to go ten miles on the CA freeways during rush hour. It's all perspective. For those who are long-time San Antonio residents, I can see how the building boom, with its added population leading to increased traffic, is upsetting. But S.A. will be also getting lots of new, good stuff, too, with the growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or