U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 PM

9 posts, read 11,611 times

Advertisements

Hello, when you are will be ready to get that information let me know.
I will send you a lot of info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,274,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilian
i am agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilian View Post
What I feel that people expect to live in your own community here.
and they talk with you and finish.
My husband not really social I brought more people in our house and he some.But now all my Amer friends are going to relocate.
Thanks for similar thoughts.
Ummm....did you just agree with yourself??? I think you just found your new BFF!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 10:54 PM

744 posts, read 1,072,167 times
Quote:
Thank you for all people messages.

I am not who are don't have friends ,I have a quality friends.
It is just my American friend explained to me why it is not such easy to find friends here.
I mean in San Antonio.She also had problems here compare to Dallas.

Part to it to find a good quality friend with similar interests . Or sincere friend.
People who came from same educational level .Or closer to you level.

I heard from all american people whom I know that SA city where a small level statistically educated people compare Austin.

SA in just military city.
That it.
Yes ,down town should be a tourist destination.
SA it is just too many young people or people about 55-60 or retired.
Because we don't have a very much international business you can't compare NY Dallas and another bigger cities.This is most resort life style city.
That I wanted to say on this site.
Maybe I may be one of those who you refer to as having small level of eduction compare to those in Austin as your american friend told you. I think making friends would be difficult if you have a preconcieved notion that most people in SA are not as smart as you. To make quality friends you should not think that you are better than everyone. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and experiences. If you feel that you are so much better than most others the best friend for you is yourself. Others with the same interests will also think they are to good to be a true friend.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 AM

3,542 posts, read 7,524,520 times
The best advice I can give you if you want to know whether or not you are able to make friends here is to come visit San Antonio. As I said before, San Antonio may or may not work for you. No amount of replies on an internet forum is going to answer your question. Austin may have a higher percentage of people with college degrees, but that does not mean there is nobody in San Antonio has a degree nor have social gatherings. However, as others have said, using education as a means to separate yourself from others sets you up for having mere acquaintances rather than true friendships.

Best of luck for you wherever you end up.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,179,516 times
Best way to make friends in San Antonio is to join one of the local gangs.

Seriously, there are a few single groups and organizations in town. Just google it or or check out craigslist

Old 11-18-2009, 07:53 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,791,258 times
Quote:
There are now like but when I grow up we didn't have drug users .
And I who lived in poor area in overseas.and in fact visited this year that poor area with drug users and alcoholics also.There re no snobbery in my statement.
But our tourist area is nice and all troubled areas
in suburbs wher you are Amercians scare to go actually and I who are walking there,
not your tourists.
My American husband didin't like it but loved center of the capital not saburbs wher actually poor people live.If you are never was overseas just go and look.
So that why I think let SA downtown to be nice for the tourist of the other countries as you expect Americans visit similar areas for pleasure look and safe enjoyment.
Where and when did you grow up where there were no people that used drugs?

Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 AM

37,700 posts, read 55,375,930 times
East Germany would be my guess.....

Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,791,258 times
Nonetheless (and who knows if the OP will ever see it) I think it's been easier to meet people here than back in the northwest. Others in the neighborhood are cool, although all of them are older and with kids so we don't exactly hang out. But we do stuff with other people who are married / no children sometimes.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:24 PM

4 posts, read 4,147 times
I can't make friends here in San Antonio That I don't know anyone. I'm studing English At DLI.
What should I do? Please give me advice.
THANK YOU
Abdulsalam aa1423@maktoob.com

Last edited by Abdulsalam; 07-01-2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old 07-02-2010, 07:27 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,076,981 times
You might want to try language exchange or tutoring others in your native language. Maybe look into being matched with a host family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or