Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 AM

116 posts, read 352,980 times

Advertisements

Are you military? The clubs usually will do a Thanksgiving buffet.

And if not what about something catered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM

123 posts, read 451,141 times
Julie - Rudy's does do a precooked turkey, but it is smoked. They are $20. We got one last year and it was very good. You could always call there to see if they have alternatives to smoked

Cookie - Got an email today that Maggiano's is doing a turkey dinner. Looked delicious.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:45 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1226 View Post
Not to hijack....

but does anyone know other places to get a pre-cooked Turkey? NO SMOKED..I can't stand smoked. I looked a Bill Miller's website and WOW, they were expensive. I don't need to feed an army, just a family of four. Doesn't Rudy's do a Turkey?

I have had Luby's Thanksgiving dinner w/all the trimmings for a work get together and it is pretty darn good. I used to get my turkey and trimmings from Mr and Mrs G's (it was home cooking)! She doesn't do it anymore... too much work. I only have one day off and don't want to slave in the kitchen this year. I think Bun & Barrel has a turkey, also Whole Foods and Bolner's (I was not that impressed w/Bolner's). Luby's to go is probably the best bet and least expensive. I think they have a website.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM

732 posts, read 3,553,234 times
Acadiana Cafe on Loop 410 offers Deep Fried Turkeys, as well as a selection of sides, for thanksgiving. We had one last year and it was GOOD.

You place your order well in advance and then pick it up the day before. They have it sliced and ready for reheating. And it really was delicious. We'll probably do it again this year.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
Acadiana Cafe on Loop 410 offers Deep Fried Turkeys, as well as a selection of sides, for thanksgiving. We had one last year and it was GOOD.

You place your order well in advance and then pick it up the day before. They have it sliced and ready for reheating. And it really was delicious. We'll probably do it again this year.
Good info! I forgot about Acadiana. Do you know if they do smoked turkeys or just fried?

Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM

732 posts, read 3,553,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Good info! I forgot about Acadiana. Do you know if they do smoked turkeys or just fried?
I believe it's just fried. But check their website - you can get all kinds of stuff to feed a crowd. Gumbo for thanksgiving, anyone?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 PM

50 posts, read 83,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1226 View Post
Not to hijack....

but does anyone know other places to get a pre-cooked Turkey? NO SMOKED..I can't stand smoked. I looked a Bill Miller's website and WOW, they were expensive. I don't need to feed an army, just a family of four. Doesn't Rudy's do a Turkey?
HoneyBaked Ham Company has roasted turkeys. Order ahead as the lines are very long on the days prior to Thanksgiving. Side dishes and desserts are also available.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
I believe it's just fried. But check their website - you can get all kinds of stuff to feed a crowd. Gumbo for thanksgiving, anyone?
As an east TX gal, I am SO psyched that I can get gumbo for Thanksgiving! I will definitely be calling them to get a turkey, too. Yummy deep fried turkey!

Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,758 times
Boudro,s on the river says they will be open thanksgiving day untill 11 pm serving thanksgiving dinner.
Hope this helps someone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio