Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 02:07 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times

Advertisements

All this sounds like sooner or later, the tenants will be dealing with the owner's lender!!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:50 PM

14 posts, read 24,400 times
Several of us have wondered if The Vistana ownership will ever be purchasing window cleaning and if it will take place anytime this year?

It's great to have a nice view but NOT if your windows are dirty. Imagine having a clean car but your windows are soiled. We all know what that looks like, right? Bad glare, dried water stains, etc.

Like in NYC or any other major city, I think "luxury" living places should have a frequent window cleaning.

Once a year or every other year is not acceptable.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:29 PM

I have one very positive compliment about Vistana. Subway is opening up downstairs. That makes me smile.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les DowntownSA View Post
I have one very positive compliment about Vistana. Subway is opening up downstairs. That makes me smile.
Meh. That's sorta a downer, considering when I took the leasing tour, they were 'almost positive' that that whole bottom space would be taken up by an HEB-labeled downtown grocery concept.

Just what we need in SA... Another Subway. YIPPEE

BN

Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Meh. That's sorta a downer, considering when I took the leasing tour, they were 'almost positive' that that whole bottom space would be taken up by an HEB-labeled downtown grocery concept.

Just what we need in SA... Another Subway. YIPPEE

BN
BN--Funny you mention "another subway" in SA. My 6-year old daughter asked me the other day, "daddy, why are there so many Subways?" I laughed a bit and answered, "I guess people really like to eat there." Then we went on to talk about how she and I could go on a "date" there soon.

Moral of the story: Subway, so ubiquitous even a 6-year old girl notices.

--Dim

Old 11-24-2010, 07:16 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Unfortunately the residents of SA aren't following Jared's advice at Subway.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 AM

LOL Ben, I was actually being sarcastic there. I hear ya, with so many Subways, you'd think SA would be a little fitter, right? Now, Taco Garage...I hear that's pretty good, really.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times
Quote:
LOL Ben, I was actually being sarcastic there. I hear ya, with so many Subways, you'd think SA would be a little fitter, right? Now, Taco Garage...I hear that's pretty good, really.
Actually, by the time you add all the stuff and the dressings I see people putting on a Subway, you probably could have eaten 4-5 tacos of your choice and still be ahead of the fat/calorie count

Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 PM

10 posts, read 11,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
I could understand if there were specific things you didn't like about living there.

But it seems what you're upset about are the costs, and the problem with that complaint is that all these costs are disclosed (very clearly) up-front, before you sign your lease. I mean, if you lease any apartment (and most homes, for that matter), you're gonna pay a pet deposit, and be responsible for paying cable, water, etc. Why would you expect it to be different at Vistana?

And as far as your deposit is concerned, if you left the place clean and damage-fee, they're required to return your deposit. If you've been wronged in that regard, you should pursue action.

By the way, people might be moving out, but others are moving in. Occupancy at this project is very high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
Or, just move and focus on something more productive.

I can't imagine you weren't given an opportunity to understand these costs before you moved in.
The staff isn't exactly upfront about everything. My significant other was one of the first tenants in the place, and there were many things they just didn't mention. We even had to go to the management company and request rent credits there we many things promised that never panned out.

Quote:
I live there, have been there for a while. Here is the simple truth:

The gym equipment is usually dirty and it's a very small area but good for a quick workout.

Management often comes into your apartment for checks of this and that, I sometimes feel they do it just to make sure you are not trashing your place. Even though I am female, I'm not too big on privacy so it's not a major concern to me, as it may with others. They do give you notice though
and I've never had anything go missing.

Parking is good although it costs $50-$75 per month extra.

I do hate the fact that you MUST have AT&T cable at The Vistana. You heard right, you do not have a choice there. You must pay for it, around $60, to live there. It does include internet if that is any consolation. I agreed to it though so I guess I'm the dumb one there.

It's super noisy downtown so if you are not used to city living and noises, please don't rent here. The hospital is right next door and the police station a couple of blocks away. Sirens galore! Also, all of the street sweepers come late at night and just overall downtown noise.

It's not a terrible place just overpriced for what you get. New managers are young and may be inexperienced with great customer service. They are all about doing their job and "sticking to the rules" which are always in their favor but it is like that everywhere.

Carpets! Huge issue for most friends I've spoken to on my floor and other floors. They carpets in the hallways are always filthy, this could be my only really big concern and complaint. It's embarassing taking family or friends over and having them see nasty pet stains on the carpets, a little trashy for what you pay there.

From a scale of 1 to 10, I give an honest 4 or 5, 5 on the best day. I would not tell a friend to move in nor would I ever continue my lease their past it's original term. Not worth the headache.

To each his own.
This is about right. How about the crappy light switches for the ceiling fans? Talk about a fire hazard. And, speaking of fire.... how many times is are the fire alarms going to go off this month? If there is ever an actual fire, (and there is a risk with those cheap light switches), people will be injured because everyone thinks it will be another false alarm.

This place isn't any better managed than a lower end apartment complex on the south side.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Update:

Windows are all still very dirty. No window-cleaning plan in sight. I think they are waiting for a heavy rain to clean them.

Everything in the apartment breaks down. The finish out is so cheap for the price we pay. Seems like every week, something breaks down or falls apart.

Elevators have been acting up lately.

Can't wait for my lease to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio