Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 03:04 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times

Advertisements

Yeah, we saw that but my son just downed a can of Dr Pepper so he was in no condition to drink any more soda! We also liked the zebra-striped VW "Thing" as well as the Civil War-era Gatling gun at the opposite side of the show.

We were surprised at how crowded it was again, especially considering the cold, wet and windy weather this morning! The line was past the end of the building and even when we left around noon there was a queue getting in!

I did pick up a few things, to include something "big." It was an impulse buy, my second of the week and not my last as I already have something else lined up.

And sorry, but I just can't stomach Tex-Mex for breakfast. Heck, it's getting where it doesn't do me any favors anytime! Oh, and it's called Apetito's.

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 07:58 PM

By the way, did JP show up at Apetito's? He said he'd be going to the show, but I was out last week for training and haven't seen him since the week prior. We were looking for you when the show opened, we were sitting in the Jeep waiting for the line to shorten as it was too cold, wet and windy to stand in it...

Cheers! M2

Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Yeah, he went with me and luckily both of us love Mexican food. The bill was a huge $13 between us, which was quite a bit less than IHOP and it would've been even less if he didn't get coffee and iced tea. My entire breakfast was only $2.49 since all I got was a side of migas, but it hit the spot perfectly. No need to share or throw away the parts that I couldn't eat. They also have regular food for the less adventurous...
BTW, we looked for you and your son at the show, but never saw you. I was parked in the Mustang at my usual spot and my son never managed to wake up. I also invited one of my new coworkers, but he didn't leave the house until later and didn't make it there until well after we were gone. Said it was crazy busy by then too, which I can believe. They need to expand something because it's becoming WAY too crowded.. I think most of it could be fixed with a better process and layout. Maybe they'd accept some consult work to make things a little more smooth..

Old 03-06-2011, 11:36 AM

Wow, you really have something against IHOP, don't ya?!?

We might try Apetito's next month, that is if we even bother going to the show. This one was pretty lucrative for us, but taxes are coming due and I need to send some cash Uncle Sam's way again this year...

Cheers! M2

Old 03-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Yeah, ever since last September, everything tastes different and it's usually in extremes. I either love something or hate it and very little is in the middle. Bland food is some of the worse and that's probably why I also no longer like turkey either. Plus you can save a lot of money and turn around and hand it to your favorite uncle.. I've gotta work on those soon too.
What did you buy anyhow?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 AM

I'll email ya when I get home, I picked up a few items one of which was very nice!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Received an NRA-ILA e-mail yesterday with this information in it:

Quote:
Thanks to your phone calls and e-mails, the Texas Senate passed Senate Bill 321 by a 30 to 1 vote today with no gutting amendments. Introduced by state Senator Glenn Hegar (R-Katy), SB 321 is an NRA-backed bill that would prevent employers from enacting and enforcing policies to prohibit employees from storing firearms in their locked private motor vehicles while parked at work. Texas gun owners should not have to worry about being fired for lawfully storing a firearm in their personal vehicle should they choose to carry a handgun for self-defense during their daily commutes or to transport firearms to and from their hunting leases or local shooting ranges.
State Senator Leticia Van de Putte (D-San Antonio) offered a floor amendment which would have required employees of companies employing more than 10,000 workers at one location to notify their employer of their desire to store firearms in their cars while parked at work. During the debate, it was made clear that the only company who would have benefitted from this "mandatory notice provision" was USAA, based in her district in San Antonio . Ironically, USAA serves insurance clients who are military personnel or dependents of such! The amendment was tabled by a 22 to 8 vote. After that overwhelming outcome, no other amendments were offered which would have exempted certain industry sectors from the bill, namely, defense contractors such as Raytheon, Boeing, Bell Helicopter, BAE Systems, Lockheed and L-3, who were lobbying for exclusion from the bill.
Not sure how this cow keeps getting elected, but some people need to realize exactly what they're electing when they go vote. Some of the usaa fanboys and fangirls might want to rethink they're fan status too. I've never liked them and now I like them even less..

Old 03-17-2011, 08:21 PM

Default San Antonio Gun Show at Freeman Colisum (March 26 & 27, 2011)

Not sure if we're going to this one yet, but I thought I'd post it up for those of you on the other side of SA!

Quote:
San Antonio Gun Show at Freeman Colisum (March 26 & 27, 2011)

Our dealers will have “direct from the factory” guns as well as pre-owned and collectibles. At the show you can buy, sell or trade. The gun show is more than just guns, you can also find a wide array of ammo, scopes, clips, reloading supplies and other accessories. There are concealed carry permit instructors from whom you can purchase an off-site approved course.

We also have knife dealers, custom knife makers, knife-making supplies, personal defense items, militaria, cammo and western clothing.

At the shows you can find just about everything related to hunting and shooting, and a whole lot more!

Notice

You may bring your gun to the show – it must be unloaded, checked by the Police Officers at the entrance, and tied with a plastic tie. NO EXCEPTIONS – including concealed carry permit holders, the show is posted as such in accordance with Texas laws.
Ticket Information:

Parking $5

General Admission – $8, cash only
Weekend Passes – $12, cash only
Children UNDER 12 – Free
Uniformed Peace Officers – Free

You can download a $1.00 off coupon here

Cheers! M2

Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,448 times
More than just guns - dolls, jerky, jewelry, weird tools, and the like.

About the bills - don't count your chickens yet, the bills may be sunk as before in the House by calendar trickery. Van de Putte - blah, but guess what - Perry had the chance to put the bills on the emergency agenda but didn't - even though he was asked. That would have avoid the Speaker trying to kill them in the House again. Don't trust Coyote Perry to step up if business is against it.

Hope I'm wrong but we will see.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Nobody else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio