U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:29 PM

3,819 posts, read 3,430,829 times
Ha! I have a feeling the neighborhood kids will be making 'art' everywhere soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 5 days ago)

13,587 posts, read 21,253,052 times
Thanks to this Corpus Christi judge, one tagger will be in jail for 8 years! Come on San Antonio........let's get harsh with these guys.

Teenage graffiti vandal gets eight years behind bars | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

I love the part that says "he cried"........what an image! Tough-talking gangsta wannabe crying like a girl in front of the judge. If only his friends could read..........

Old 12-13-2009, 09:17 AM

10,070 posts, read 9,487,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Thanks to this Corpus Christi judge, one tagger will be in jail for 8 years! Come on San Antonio........let's get harsh with these guys.
Way too much time = tax $$$

I rather see them working for 1 month to remove the crap that they did

Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 AM

13,805 posts, read 18,370,135 times
I do like the tough stance, but doubt it will ever happen in SA. This city is far too weak on all criminals. The DA talks tough, but her corruption makes her pretty much worthless. I am also against spending one dime on this trash. Make the parents/family bring the fool food and water and pay for his stay. If they don't, one less piece of trash on Earth in a week or so..
I guarantee you the words "he was a good boy" will never be heard on TV again.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Way too much time = tax $$$

I rather see them working for 1 month to remove the crap that they did
I disagree. Innocent volunteers spend more than 1 month removing crap "they" did. Why should the guilty one be given as punishment what others willingly volunteer for? Jail time is fantastic.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:28 AM

5,071 posts, read 7,387,650 times
I'd rather see them getting tough on personal crimes against others (vandalism, theft, and whatnot) than simple marijuana possession charges. But that's the subject for a whole other thread.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:36 PM

762 posts, read 839,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I do like the tough stance, but doubt it will ever happen in SA. This city is far too weak on all criminals. The DA talks tough, but her corruption makes her pretty much worthless. I am also against spending one dime on this trash. Make the parents/family bring the fool food and water and pay for his stay. If they don't, one less piece of trash on Earth in a week or so..
I guarantee you the words "he was a good boy" will never be heard on TV again.
Far, far too true. "I did not know the Southwest tickets were stolen, but I am tough on crime."

As long as a segment of our community thinks these criminals are expressing thmselves rather than the slime they are, the situation will only get worse.

Those who can escape do, the rest are forced to live in the ooze.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:30 PM

777 posts, read 1,585,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I disagree. Innocent volunteers spend more than 1 month removing crap "they" did. Why should the guilty one be given as punishment what others willingly volunteer for? Jail time is fantastic.
Thank you! My kids had to do a certain number of community service hours in order to graduate high school, and I can't count the number of hours I have spent painting over tagging. If the judge wants to give out community service, what say he have the little brats come wash my truck or mow my yard? Anything short of that, they need a huge fine and some jail time.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:55 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,370,135 times
hmmm, mowing every lawn in a very large neighborhood in July or August sounds like an excellent punishment

Old 12-13-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
hmmm, mowing every lawn in a very large neighborhood in July or August sounds like an excellent punishment
I'd even chip in and buy some of this for them......around August 31st:

Relieve the friction of monkey butt and painful butt rash, when you ride, sweat and sit. | Anti Monkey Butt Powder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio