U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2009, 09:02 PM

9 posts, read 10,566 times

Advertisements

Hi there everyone.

My husband and I are currently residing in Louisville, KY but we plan on moving to San Antonio once we're done with school (another 3 years or so). We're fairly settled on moving down to SA, as we've heard about how great it is for young families. I figured I'd do a little research though just to make sure we're completely informed by the time we do move.

I would like to know how SA is split as far as neighborhoods and communities. If anyone knows Louisville, we currently live in the Highlands area which is a little eccentric but walking distance to pretty much everything. It's got great small businesses, a huge park for my dog, and the crime isn't too bad. Also, it's about 20 minutes from downtown. If there's anything like that in San Antonio I would love to know about it. We actually went down there a couple of years ago for vacation and the river walk actually kinda had a similiar feel, though maybe not so touristy.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:09 PM

4,263 posts, read 7,122,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filamgirl618 View Post
Hi there everyone.

My husband and I are currently residing in Louisville, KY but we plan on moving to San Antonio once we're done with school (another 3 years or so). We're fairly settled on moving down to SA, as we've heard about how great it is for young families. I figured I'd do a little research though just to make sure we're completely informed by the time we do move.

I would like to know how SA is split as far as neighborhoods and communities. If anyone knows Louisville, we currently live in the Highlands area which is a little eccentric but walking distance to pretty much everything. It's got great small businesses, a huge park for my dog, and the crime isn't too bad. Also, it's about 20 minutes from downtown. If there's anything like that in San Antonio I would love to know about it. We actually went down there a couple of years ago for vacation and the river walk actually kinda had a similiar feel, though maybe not so touristy.

Thanks.
Here you go:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Good luck!

Old 11-12-2009, 09:16 PM

3,362 posts, read 10,460,211 times
There are several neighborhoods similar to the one you describe. Southtown, Monte Vista, King William, Mahncke Park and Tobin Hills are a few that come to mind. No telling what kind of prices you will find in 3 years. It's best left until then to determine. I would say any of them are only going up in value and price. There seems to be a resurgence of moving back into the city and any one of those areas are popular and getting more popular. The Riverwalk is a very touristy area, it's the biggest industry in SA. 3 years from now, that could all be different.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:45 PM

357 posts, read 506,248 times
Quote:
ShaneSA-The Riverwalk is a very touristy area, it's the biggest industry in SA.
What do you mean by biggest industry? #1 industry in SA is BioMed. Tourism is #3. Anyhow, please clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio