Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 AM

94 posts, read 360,893 times

Advertisements

I called HOA yesterday. They said they are trying to decide which manufacturer to go with. My wife also told me that the gym equipment is rather crappy. HOA said they are trying to get machines that were more "commercial grade". It sounds weird because I'm usually not the complaining type; I get fed up when I'm paying for nothing. Does anyone know what other developments are going on in the area, like across the street? Is there a place to look that information up? Sorry for the long post. Happy holidays
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM

Anyone popping fireworks?

Old 01-04-2010, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 10,826 times
are there any homeschoolers in redbird ranch?

Old 01-14-2010, 03:51 PM

so all of a sudden our bedroom is out of power. Our one year "bumper to bumper" home warranty is about to expire. We called an electrician, who was more than helpful. 1 He discovered that our smoke detectors were wired incorrectly which was the cause of the problem. 2 he figured out that our living room was incorrectly wired. 3 he discovered a previously unknown light switch that the builders had covered up while hastily installing drywall. 4(yes there were that many problems) he found out why our doorbell sounded so wierd (ding but no dong), it was broken! My point is, I would definately get a systems check before your warranty runs out. BTW he said this happens all the time

Old 01-14-2010, 05:31 PM

6 posts, read 31,734 times
We took a drive through here earlier today. To be honest we were a little disappointed - existing inventory "Patriot series" homes priced at 180,000+ that just didn't seem worth the money in terms of what had/hadn't been upgraded, etc. Spoke with the sales agent about building (hoping to get in under the new homeowner tax credit) and he said they currently have a construction backlog of 5-6 months and we likely wouldn't make it (a small chance if we contracted this weekend, but we're not ready to decide yet). Oh well. The premier series homes seemed very nice, though.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,911 times
Sambo did you call an electrician on your own or go through the DR Horton warrenty office. I am having some problems with my electrical and have been putting off calling someone. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
Sambo did you call an electrician on your own or go through the DR Horton warrenty office. I am having some problems with my electrical and have been putting off calling someone. Thanks for any help.
First we called DR, they told us to call whatever company was listed on our electrical box. It was bexar electrical (real nice ppl) came the next day. Since our home was under warranty, everything was "free".

Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 AM

Has anyone else noticed how "shallow" the soil is. I mean the only real dirt I have is the sod that came with my house. Maybe this is why everyone has some crappy looking lawns. Is there anything that can be done about this besides calling a dumptruck with topsoil? I think the builder should pay for this.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:23 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,151 times
Join the crowd-- just another builder's (Armadillo) short-cut we found after the fact. Instead of taking time to grade properly, allowing ground to settle, and adding appropriate amounts of topsoil, what we got was just enough topsoil to hold sod down. We watered during the drought and made it through fairly well. BUT-- the rains have now "dissolved" the grass and rock is coming up; what little topsoil we had has washed away. What a joke; on us, I guess Lesson learned: NO MORE TRACT HOMES! Good luck getting them to pay for it... keep us posted on that part!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:47 AM

4 posts, read 22,476 times
My wife and I are strongly considering purchasing a DRH home at Redbird Ranch. We've driven through the neighborhood several times and were impressed with the upkeep of the yards and homes as well as how friendly people were. We're interested to hear what some pros and cons are. Also, DRH recommended a real estate agent to sell our existing home. Has anyone else gone this route? Would you recommend it? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio