Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,200 times

Advertisements

we are going on the 22nd of Dec...my mom gave us tickets for Christmas --- we decided we are not taking our 3.5yr old son...he is way to young...but we are taking our 2 daughters who are 13.5 and 7.5 (8 next month)...I am hoping my almost 8yr old will be okay with it all and not get bored...i know my 13.5 will love it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
we are going on the 22nd of Dec...my mom gave us tickets for Christmas --- we decided we are not taking our 3.5yr old son...he is way to young...but we are taking our 2 daughters who are 13.5 and 7.5 (8 next month)...I am hoping my almost 8yr old will be okay with it all and not get bored...i know my 13.5 will love it...
I think those are perfectly acceptable ages -most kids at that age are able to use self control and sit through a show....especially young ladies.

Enjoy the show and be sure to tell us what you and your girls thought!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:22 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,500 times
I am going to the Lion King opening night. Just an FYI since a lot of people on city-data seem to go to the shows....if you get a group of 12 or more people to get tickets with you, you can get GREAT reduced tickets from the group seating. I have done this with a group for Mama Mia (we had front row and row 6 seats between the group members) and now with Lion King. I think the tickets were $65. Just in case a group ever wanted to go.....

Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 AM

841 posts, read 1,747,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I am going to the Lion King opening night. Just an FYI since a lot of people on city-data seem to go to the shows....if you get a group of 12 or more people to get tickets with you, you can get GREAT reduced tickets from the group seating. I have done this with a group for Mama Mia (we had front row and row 6 seats between the group members) and now with Lion King. I think the tickets were $65. Just in case a group ever wanted to go.....
Good point. PLUS, the group tickets usually go on sale before Ticketmaster gets a hold of them, i.e. better seats available.

We are going next Friday. I am fairly confident that my child (similar in age as the OP's) will enjoy it. We have an aisle seat so that we can make a quick getaway if needed; but he has been to the Majestic before (granted for a more child-friendly show) and he has enjoyed a 2 hr symphony performance (not in SA). I noticed that this time on the promotional materials that no age recommendation was given - last time it said "please no one under 7". I think every child is different... and some children act better than some adults I have seen at the shows.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:04 AM

126 posts, read 478,459 times
I also did the group sales for the Lion King this year. We are seeing it on the 13th. I saw it last year as well and it is now one of my favorites! So beautiful and touching.

I started going to the theater around the age of 9, and I always knew how to behave in that atmosphere. I think taking kids at around that age is great, because they can learn to appreciate the arts and how one should behave. It seems like maybe some of the adults that currently go to the Majestic could have used this in their younger years as they still do not know how to behave.

My group actually has one pair of tickets still available - front row center balcony for ticket price. DM me if anyone's interested.

Enjoy the show!!

Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 AM

796 posts, read 3,049,612 times
We also got the group rate and are going to see Lion King this Sunday. This is our first broadway play, so I am wondering what the dress code for something like this will be? What is appropriate, esp for teenage girls that only like to wear jeans?

Old 12-16-2009, 10:12 AM

841 posts, read 1,747,441 times
I find that there are multiple "dress codes" depending on the event itself. For 12 Angry Men, I and most of the audience wore suits. Same for symphony concerts. I find that the dress code for musicals is often more casual, and I have seen people in jeans... but they are the exception.

BenjaminNicolas may disagree with my choice , but both my son and I wore khakis and a rugby shirt for Lion King (this was the most casual I have dressed). I saw many kids there, and while some wore nice "church" clothes, the majority were casual but still nicely dressed. I do not recall seeing anyone in jeans, and it is always better to look nicer than the crowd, than not.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:39 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
When we went last Sunday most of the young ladies were wearing dresses. I didnt see anyone in jeans, and the most casual seemed to be khakis.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
My wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary today (couldn't find tickets for Friday)
we are having dinner at the Tower of Americas, going to walk on the Riverwalk all the way to the theather and then watch the Lion King.

If that doesn't make her happy, nothing will.

I just looked at the map... I think we are driving closer to the theather before walking on the Riverwalk

Old 12-16-2009, 01:18 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,200 times
my friend went and saw the Lion King this past Friday and she wore nice dark blue jeans ... so did her husband ... she said there other people there wearing jeans ...

we are going on Tuesday and my husband is wearing a new pair of dark blue Levi's with a nice pull over ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio