U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 AM

4,103 posts, read 6,057,065 times

Advertisements

My 6yo is dying to see it. Has anyone here ever seen it? I know it's more grown up than the cartoon. Do you think she's too young for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 02:05 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,683 times
The Lion King is a full-fledged musical, dealing in life, death and everything in-between. I'd say that 6 is a little young to sit through most of it, but she'll definitely like the opening and some of the middle parts.

If you do take her: Just please, for the sake of the adults around you, make sure she doesn't sing along or speak back to the actors onstage: Every Disney show I've seen on tour and on Broadway seems to have this problem. I'm tempted to bring a cattle prod with me if I catch TLK tour while it's in San Antonio. *wink*

Having just seen the Vegas company, I'm not sure I'm willing to sit through another 3 hours of it. It's a nice show, but not for multiple viewings.

BN

Old 12-01-2009, 02:48 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,735,719 times
Heck, BN you should bring the cattle prod for a lot of the adults! Yeesh! At the last several movies that I've been to (and I'm sure that there's a difference in ummmmm.... "audience participation" at movies vs. theater, ESP Disney productions) it's been the adults that have been the most obnoxious. Went to a show that was predominately kids the other night and guess what, it was quiet! Amazing! Seems that lack of respect for others around you crosses the generations.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Heck, BN you should bring the cattle prod for a lot of the adults! Yeesh! At the last several movies that I've been to (and I'm sure that there's a difference in ummmmm.... "audience participation" at movies vs. theater, ESP Disney productions) it's been the adults that have been the most obnoxious. Went to a show that was predominately kids the other night and guess what, it was quiet! Amazing! Seems that lack of respect for others around you crosses the generations.
How correct you are! The last time I took in a slew of Broadway shows, it was one cell phone after another going off, as well as way too many folks conversing and singing along. Who in the world was raised to think that's acceptable in a theatre?

BN

Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 AM

8 posts, read 18,079 times
my mother and i will be seeing the show on the 26th! it's gonna be my first broadway show ever and i can't wait to see it!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:48 AM

114,159 posts, read 54,011,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbo0gie View Post
my mother and i will be seeing the show on the 26th! it's gonna be my first broadway show ever and i can't wait to see it!
You couldn't have chosen to attend in a more beautifully ornate theater than the "Majestic"!!! Enjoy!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:17 AM

3,770 posts, read 7,275,434 times
To the OP, I would not take my 6 yr old to see it. I think it may be too much for him, and he's pretty good about sitting thru a movie or a show at the Magik, but this may be too long and I can only imagine the restroom runs and him begging for concessions!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,179,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
To the OP, I would not take my 6 yr old to see it. I think it may be too much for him, and he's pretty good about sitting thru a movie or a show at the Magik, but this may be too long and I can only imagine the restroom runs and him begging for concessions!
I 100% agree! Maybe a couple of years in the future?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM

1,198 posts, read 2,531,098 times
i've never been there before. which seats are for the best value?

Old 12-02-2009, 09:18 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,309,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
i've never been there before. which seats are for the best value?
There isn't a bad seat in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio