U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 PM

972 posts, read 3,567,856 times

Advertisements

As mexican, I can say that most people I know who travels to USA purchase car insurance before crossing the border for the days to be there, in fact the procedure is fast and easy and you can do while you row to pass.

I bought it to avoid problems with validity for 1 year but rarely step to USA.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:20 PM

15,062 posts, read 19,631,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post

You can avoid all accidents by being SAFE!!!! Careful is ignorant.
You can be safe,
but I've never heard of doing something in a "safe way"

Old 12-10-2009, 02:35 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,940,624 times
I don't know what happens if you have a wreck with an uninsured Mexican citizen, but I can tell you for certain what happens when you have a wreck with an uninsured Texan - you take the hit (in more ways than one) even if the other driver is at fault.

As others have said, I would worry less about uninsured Mexicans and more about uninsured Texans.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:55 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,432,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Watch out, there goes Eva Longoria on her SUV without insurance

Eva Longoria is an American, not a Mexican. I am referring to drivers with Mexican license tags. I would think that they're from Mexico, but since they're so fond of breaking most immigration laws, they probably would think nothing of not registering their cars here if they actually lived here.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:08 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,940,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Eva Longoria is an American, not a Mexican. I am referring to drivers with Mexican license tags. I would think that they're from Mexico, but since they're so fond of breaking most immigration laws, they probably would think nothing of not registering their cars here if they actually lived here.

So the real reason for your post comes out - a little bigoted, yes?

You know every single person from the entire country of Mexico well enough to cast aspersions on them?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:02 PM

972 posts, read 3,567,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Relax, San Antonio is one of the most visited cities by Mexicans.
I guess most of the cars with Mexican license plates look back a few days after spending a great amount of dollars in your city.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:34 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,432,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_inombrable View Post
Relax, San Antonio is one of the most visited cities by Mexicans.
I guess most of the cars with Mexican license plates look back a few days after spending a great amount of dollars in your city.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:08 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,007,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
So the real reason for your post comes out - a little bigoted, yes?

You know every single person from the entire country of Mexico well enough to cast aspersions on them?

the mask eventually falls

Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,794,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I don't know what happens if you have a wreck with an uninsured Mexican citizen, but I can tell you for certain what happens when you have a wreck with an uninsured Texan - you take the hit (in more ways than one) even if the other driver is at fault.

As others have said, I would worry less about uninsured Mexicans and more about uninsured Texans.
It's really too bad - they should take the uninsured's car and give it to the person they hit. May not be worth much, but at least it would help cover their damages a bit if they were to sell it and it would be a statement to those that drive without liability insurance that their behavior won't be tolerated.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,007,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
It's really too bad - they should take the uninsured's car and give it to the person they hit. May not be worth much, but at least it would help cover their damages a bit if they were to sell it and it would be a statement to those that drive without liability insurance that their behavior won't be tolerated.

The honest person gets screwed all the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or