U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM

2,261 posts, read 3,453,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
It's really too bad - they should take the uninsured's car and give it to the person they hit. May not be worth much, but at least it would help cover their damages a bit if they were to sell it and it would be a statement to those that drive without liability insurance that their behavior won't be tolerated.
If they did that, I would've been the proud owner of a pickup and a trailer full of scrap metal.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $89,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,658 posts, read 21,717,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am referring to drivers with Mexican license tags. I would think that they're from Mexico, but since they're so fond of breaking most immigration laws, they probably would think nothing of not registering their cars here if they actually lived here.
Everyone must stick to discussing uninsured drivers in this thread. Just like national politics, immigration is a hot-button topic that is can only be discussed in one of City-Data's two immigration forums.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM

5,081 posts, read 7,825,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
If they did that, I would've been the proud owner of a pickup and a trailer full of scrap metal.
There ya go, better than nothing. But really, I was thinking this could work out really well for those who don't have a car worth having uninsured motorist on. If bad comes to worse if they get the perp's car at least they might have something that would get them to / from work until they can liquidate both cars and get something to drive around in again. At least they'd be closer to where they were before the accident this way.

Of course this along with countless other ideas I've had won't ever get put into place but whatever I guess...

Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 PM

98 posts, read 53,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Hang on, the thread is also talking about Mexicans that live here as well.
The ORIGINAL post had nothing to do with Mexicans who live here, as reiterated below.

Quote:
I am referring to drivers with Mexican license tags.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:50 PM

10,501 posts, read 10,292,412 times
Quote:
I would think that they're from Mexico, but since they're so fond of breaking most immigration laws, they probably would think nothing of not registering their cars here if they actually lived here.
Since you are a californian (Post #17) we can say that you are fond of hippies and can't wait to marry your partner.

Or maybe we could agree that is wrong to stereotype millions of people and say that they all like and do the same things.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:55 PM

160 posts, read 125,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Since you are a californian (Post #17) we can say that you are fond of hippies and can't wait to marry your partner.

Or maybe we could agree that is wrong to stereotype millions of people and say that they all like and do the same things.
It may not be right, but it's still done everyday.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $89,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,658 posts, read 21,717,333 times
It appears that the question in the original post was answered satisfactorily. Now the thread seems to be drifting into areas that are sure to cause hard feelings. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio