U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:35 PM

3,927 posts, read 4,679,412 times

Advertisements

We go through Leon Valley all the time and never seem to get a ticket. Maybe because we don't speed there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 11:19 PM

4,076 posts, read 6,076,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
We go through Leon Valley all the time and never seem to get a ticket. Maybe because we don't speed there?
You're not traveling the right streets then. Some have more coverage than others.....

Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 PM

10,372 posts, read 12,643,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
No, because I don't speed, but every day I drive by the Antonian and the same cop is ticketing a different person every day. EVERY DAY!
The last time I drove by there I saw that at least two cars had been stopped by two different police. It was during school-slow hours I'm pretty sure.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:18 AM

4,076 posts, read 6,076,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The last time I drove by there I saw that at least two cars had been stopped by two different police. It was during school-slow hours I'm pretty sure.
They're working on the city deficit....

Old 12-12-2009, 04:30 AM

355 posts, read 1,242,877 times
You dont have to be an out of control criminal to get a speeding ticket. I mean, why even respond to say you dont speed so you dont have to worry about it? Thats jsut as ridiculous as starting a thread about speed traps becuz you do speed and are worried about being caught. Actually, youre all crazy.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:08 AM

897 posts, read 2,612,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
No, because I don't speed, but every day I drive by the Antonian and the same cop is ticketing a different person every day. EVERY DAY!
Every day I drove by Antonian there was always some idiot speeding. Even with the rest of the traffic slowed down, these drivers would skillfully weave around cars to barrel down to the freeway. I hope these are the ones you saw getting tickets.

Quote:
scuba steve You said it... Shavano Park for sure. If your cruise control works at 35 set it and forget it until you're through there. Oh yeah that patrol Military Hwy NW too, that's a 45 I think. Haven't been to those other places so I don't know about those.
Yep, that stretch of DeZavala between Lockhill Selma and NW Military is infamous for having a patrol car hiding out. The road dips a bit in places so you don't see him until it's too late. I always go 35 when I go through there.
NW Military is 45 through Shavano Park. I always remind anyone coming our direction to watch their speed there. There's also a stretch of road on Lockhill Selma between 1604 and Dezavala that is 35. They catch speeders there, too.

Another Castle Hills speed trap is when you get off 410 and go north on NW Military. It's 35 there, but some people don't slow down quick enough. Had a co-worker get caught in that one a couple of years ago.

I've also seen a patrol car on Orsinger Lane - I think it's 35 through there, but people exceed the limit and on George Rd between Lockhill and NW Military where it's 35.

There was a previous post in an older thread that mentioned IH 10 in the DeZavala - 1604 area. Patrol cars were seen stopped on the bridge by Cosco and it was thought they were clocking speeders and sending the info to the cops staked out on the freeway. I've seen them out there a couple of times, too.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:20 AM

4,521 posts, read 5,201,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSunrise View Post
I was thinking we could discuss some speed traps in town? Where are they typically located?

I believe that Shavano Park P.D., Leon Valley P.D., Castle Hills P.D. are particularly aggressive in their speeding citations?

What do you guys think about the situation in the San Antonio area?
Leon Valley Texas Speed Traps | The National Speed Trap Exchange

Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,085,334 times
Grey Forest is another area to look out for, but since I usually don't speed I don't worry about it too much!

Plus, SA isn't notorious for being a town full of speed traps. Some places--like Jacksonville, Florida--are much worse. Sometimes I think we may have it a little too good here, and that a little more enforcement might make things a bit safer on our roads. Only this morning we saw where someone put their car in a ditch where 151 meets 1604. They must have taken that corner a little too hot and with the wet roads, that is a recipe for disaster!

People need to slow down a little in this town!

Old 12-12-2009, 11:23 AM

6,125 posts, read 8,576,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Only this morning we saw where someone put their car in a ditch where 151 meets 1604. They must have taken that corner a little too hot and with the wet roads, that is a recipe for disaster!
That's not a speed trap, though. That's just carelessness, not paying attention, going to fast, etc. Now, if they were in the ditch with the police getting a ticket that would be a different story.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:40 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,085,334 times
My point was if we had a little more speed enforcement, accidents like the one we saw this morning would decrease...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio