Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:57 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCovertCarry View Post
Ill probably get creamed for this but....

Many of those down there are illegal aliens, con-men, drug addicts etc. The area is very high crime for a reason. The last thing they need is encouragement that standing around drinking beer all day waving at every pickup that goes by is somehow better than getting an actual job they go to every day.

Yeah, they need to eat too, but they seem to always have money for dope, booze, lottery tickets, cell phones etc.

To the OP, find a couple of college kids that would be willing to help you. Do not risk your safety, your belongings or anything else on the folks down there.

Here we go.....

To the OP theres a Red truck with a huge camper that says "handy man" driving around the NW side Mainly on Potranco, and Culebra Roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM

98 posts, read 122,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I doubt that they check the computer or post their service on Craigslist. Not day laborers
Sonsa! Being that the OP didn't specifically ask for a day laborer, I suggested Craigslist as an alternative to picking someone up off the street.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 PM

98 posts, read 122,768 times
Quote:
Ill probably get creamed for this but....

Many of those down there are illegal aliens, con-men, drug addicts etc. The area is very high crime for a reason. The last thing they need is encouragement that standing around drinking beer all day waving at every pickup that goes by is somehow better than getting an actual job they go to every day.

Yeah, they need to eat too, but they seem to always have money for dope, booze, lottery tickets, cell phones etc.

To the OP, find a couple of college kids that would be willing to help you. Do not risk your safety, your belongings or anything else on the folks down there.
I'm interested to know where you get your stats and how many of these people you know on a personal level to know so much about their backgrounds. And, yeah, because everyone knows that all college kids are trustworthy and would never steal from anyone. Talk about judging a book by its cover.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 PM

173 posts, read 598,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l_Bit View Post
I'm interested to know where you get your stats and how many of these people you know on a personal level to know so much about their backgrounds. And, yeah, because everyone knows that all college kids are trustworthy and would never steal from anyone. Talk about judging a book by its cover.
Ive seen them every single day for almost 20 years. Ive booked them into the Bexar Co. Jail. I know the operations on a law enforcement level that target that area through the SAPD narcotics section. I know the efforts of some of those in social services that have to deal with them. Is that good enough? Sounds like you were judging me.

Past that, I never said that college students were perfect, but they are likely damn sure better than some guy sleeping under a bridge and sticking every dollar he makes into a vein. Of course, not all of them are like that, but a good majority are.

EDIT: Li'l_Bit I sent you a DM.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:32 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Ive seen them every single day for almost 20 years. Ive booked them into the Bexar Co. Jail. I know the operations on a law enforcement level that target that area through the SAPD narcotics section. I know the efforts of some of those in social services that have to deal with them. Is that good enough? Sounds like you were judging me.
Keep in mind that "police targeting an area for narcotics" is usually based on how much money people make in that area.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Keep in mind that "police targeting an area for narcotics" is usually based on how much money people make in that area.
...or how much dope is available in an area

Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
I think this is going nowhere the OP already had his question answered, then I now pronounce this thread ova

It feels good to pretend

Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
Some of the people who go there to get the cheap labor are con-men and drug addicts, too.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Some of the people who go there to get the cheap labor are con-men and drug addicts, too.
Very true. Bad situation all around. Probably best to avoid the whole area.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:39 AM

29 posts, read 89,926 times
So at this time (2012) where can we find some laborers just for an hour or less? Just for moving household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio