U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:52 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,017,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
What? No it doesn't. You can't take some pictures and read them at face value. Ohmigod that's the dumbest thing ever. To assume something from a small (tiny)sample of random pictures is terrible.
I wasn't commenting about the pictures. I was commenting about the previous comment regarding tenant vacancies. As previously said, the pictures were probably taken at an off moment....2006, before the recession set in........ and really, when is the last time you shopped there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,474,590 times
Parking was free for the first three hours after you validated the ticket.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I wasn't commenting about the pictures. I was commenting about the previous comment regarding tenant vacancies. As previously said, the pictures were probably taken at an off moment....2006, before the recession set in........
What previous comments?

I addressed your first post. You addressed my post addressing your first post.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 PM
RGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
What previous comments?

I addressed your first post. You addressed my post addressing your first post.
You said vacant means no tenants. I said vacant means no people which means eventually there will be no tenants...Besides, it's nothing more than a tourist mall in major need of renovation...

Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,332,946 times
But Fogo is only a new tenant, not a renovation in the least and it certainly hasn't affected the rest of that craptactular aging mall.

I'm waiting for the proposed dark-smoked glass to be installed, helping the place look a lot more modern. I've also heard that Neiman Marcus in in talks to take over the old Joske's building. Hope it's not just chatter.

BN

Old 12-15-2009, 10:37 PM
RGJ

It really needs to be torn down. Maybe build a ten to fifteen story mall of modern design with all the required and necessary chain restaurants, chain apparel and shoe stores, teen stores, wireless phone stores, etc. Maybe include a furniture factory warehouse or an appliance rent a center. They could also dedicate the top floors to residences....Wait a sec, isn't or wasn't that supposed to happen somewhere else downtown?

Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,121,491 times
Anyone who has been to the Rivercenter Mall during the evenings or on the weekend lately knows it is not hurting for business!

Old 12-16-2009, 06:24 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,610,313 times
Paying for parking at malls is not unique, particularly when said structures are located in areas where parking is at a premium. (Check out Pentagon City Mall or Ballston Commons in Arlington VA for an idea of what I mean...both charge for parking but validate as well.)

--Dim

Old 12-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
But Fogo is only a new tenant, not a renovation in the least and it certainly hasn't affected the rest of that craptactular aging mall.
They renovated that entire section of the mall then placed Fogo there. They are now working on the other side.

Quote:
I'm waiting for the proposed dark-smoked glass to be installed, helping the place look a lot more modern. I've also heard that Neiman Marcus in in talks to take over the old Joske's building. Hope it's not just chatter.
Haven't heard this and it wouldn't surprise me. That's a great spot. Where did you hear that?

Old 12-16-2009, 07:55 AM

3,109 posts, read 8,701,827 times
I had other pictures of the mall but they can't be found. I think they got lost with the gremlins in computers. The pics I have are my theatre pics and the front is part of my River Walk set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or