U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 04:08 PM

454 posts, read 539,205 times

Advertisements

I've gone to San Antonio 3 times since past October. Loved it everytime. But I arrived home yesterday after staying for over a week, and was starting to have second thoughts about my moving there.

There were a handful of things that initially attracted me there in addition to my field of work it certainly seems the way to go. And you people there are nothing like the anti-social/ignorant dumb asses of DFW and Houston....Or have I just not ran into any yet

At this point, I already have an apartment ready to move into.

But, the weather past few days has been awful. Cold and cloudy except for Sunday. But there are 2 things that really have me wondering. The high Military prescence and the fact the whole town is practically Mexico! I almost feel like I don't even fit in!

It just seems like eventually I'd get so bored with that place by the time my lease is up. There's only so much I can take of Military people, college brats and Tejano music at a time!

I'm trying to stay positive as I been looking to settle into a city since I moved from Florida in 2008, but when it comes to cities I analyze everything!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,124,702 times
You haven't listed much in here about your interests, just what you're hoping to avoid. That's likely to draw some angry, defensive responses from local folks. An open-ended thread that contains little more than a list of gripes won't cut it here, so I'm closing this thread before it becomes flame-bait.

Check out the sticky relocation thread at the top of this forum. It's got loads of links to good basic information. Look some of them over and formulate some specific questions. Then come back with those questions in a new thread that's more focused on what you'd like to find in San Antonio.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio