Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM

14 posts, read 30,482 times

Advertisements

Hey all!

Kinda new to the area, and looking for a variety of date ideas, to get my girl out of the house. We've been spending quite a bit of home time lately, and this couch potato would appreciate ideas, so that I can come up with fun things, and not sit around. She enjoys going out to eat (does not have to be expensive, but just something a lady may enjoy). She likes steaks, seafood, Chinese, Italian, etc, but not big on BBQ. She likes taking drives and checking out cool little towns, and then maybe enjoying a glass of wine or a beer. Live music is something she likes a lot too, and we dance together, whenever we get the chance. She's pretty into golf, and likes an occasional trip into a little art gallery. The outdoors are something she really enjoys too, so hiking or walking options would be great.

We do Gruene Hall occasionally, but would like to explore some other spots. Any links to websites, papers, thoughts, etc, that would keep things fun are much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:29 PM

49 posts, read 138,705 times
If this is a double post, sorry about that! Anywho, I suggest going to the Hill Country wine trail. The towns (Fredericksburg, Johnson City, etc. are really cute).
Here is a link to the area wineries: www.texaswinetrail.com

If you like beer, I would suggest going to Blanco for the Real Ale brewery tour on Fridays.
www.realalebrewing.com

Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,590,328 times
I highly recommend Bin 555 for a nice date night restaurant.

I love Castroville, for the wandering and the German/Alsatian food.

If you're looking for something casual and funky with live music and excellent eats (and a carwash and laundromat too), there's the Cove.

Casbeers at the Church is fun times for live music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio