U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,975 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been looking at daycare facilities close to Randolph AFB/Encino Park area. Let me start off by saying we've been pretty disappointed with some of the facilities we've seen. Country Home off of Toepperwein Road is our favorite, but some of the reviews online seemed pretty harsh. I thought everyone was really nice and the kids there seemed to be super happy and having a good time. Some of the other facilities we looked at had kids that wouldn't smile and just sat there staring at a wall. Kind of creepy. We let my daughter play with some of the kids at Country Home and the children were sharing toys and laughing with her in the toddler room. I was kind of shocked to see negative posts about them later that night.

We moved here about 2 years ago and I'm not too familiar with the area still. I have to admit, I'm a bit snobby when it comes to where I want to leave my kid, but I'm sure every parent is. Any recommendations would be great! I want my daughter to learn as well as have fun while we are at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,082,579 times
I find this database to be extremely helpful when I am searching for child care...

Search

Old 02-13-2010, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,868 times
Default Primrose Preschool near Encino Park

We have two children, ages 4 and 6. Both have been in Primrose Preschool on Huebner since they opened 2 1/2 years ago (there is closer Primrose to you in Stone Oak, near Encino Park). They attended several other childcare facilities prior to Primrose, including Country Home, but none compare to Primrose. Their accredited, standardized curriculum is delivered by a low ratio staff. Our son is now being recommended by a top-ranked Northside kindergarten to be in their Gifted and Talented program thanks to Primrose. Our daughter is on track to do the same.
Primrose is considered to be a private preschool and is one of the most expensive child care options. We chose to spend the extra money on our children’s future and we couldn’t be happier.
When choosing a facility, be sure to ask about teacher/child ratios, on-site owner (if a franchise or private facility), meals and curriculum. When asking other parents for a recommendation, be sure to ask how long their children have been in the facility (short-term attendees are much more likely to rate it high).
Feel free to contact me if you would like any additional information.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 AM

117 posts, read 299,005 times
PrimroseParent, What is the teacher/child ratio at Primrose for your 4 year old?

Old 02-13-2010, 01:04 PM

330 posts, read 831,134 times
There have been other threads on this subject and everyone has their own opinion on the daycare's in this area.. My children go to The Children's Academy of Stone Oak and excel at this facility I toured many places in our area and none of them have impressed me like the Children's Academy. They have a big colorful mural along the hallway to welcome the kids, spacious classrooms and you can watch your child on the Internet . Also they have a great curriculum and I love that everything is included - spanish dance and karate. The owner is also the director and she is just wonderful IMO. Good luck on your search

Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 PM

3 posts, read 5,570 times
Default We are near Randolph AFB - New Horizons School

We are the new owners of New Horizons School -- both my wife and are serving on active duty or retired active duty from Randolph and Lackland.

We have sought out the the Randolph AFB CDC as our mentors -- as we have experienced with our two daughters, the military ensures the children are cared for with great detail and excellence. We agree with your comment.

Randolph set a high bar as being the "best in the Air Force" and through our training with their leadership and observing their teachers and learning models, New Horizons has remodeled and copied the Randolph model. Copying is sometimes the best form of flatery. We want to provide the "Excellence" in the childcare community it sorely needs.

We are located off of Wurzbach and Wetmore if you are traveling South on I-35. We are very close to the Texas Transportation Museum (which is great for a train ride) and the Time Warner Park. Let us know if we can help you or any of the military families at Fort Sam Houston, Randolph AFB, or Lackland AFB. The website is San Antonio Preschool, LP -- Presents The New Horizons School -- Excellence in or Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio