Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 AM

52 posts, read 132,280 times

Advertisements

I have never been to San Antonio...I was reading a thread that got pretty intense but some people were saying the SE side was a bad place to be.....I ask, because Im moving to SA in 4 months and I chose the SE side to live when first arriving ! Caprock road.... Is it dangerous? dirty? Are the people nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmela432 View Post
I have never been to San Antonio...I was reading a thread that got pretty intense but some people were saying the SE side was a bad place to be.....I ask, because Im moving to SA in 4 months and I chose the SE side to live when first arriving ! Caprock road.... Is it dangerous? dirty? Are the people nice?

You can read more about SA here...including opinions on the different areas of town. Good luck!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Do you speak Spanish?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 AM

firstclassflyer,

No, I dont speak Spanish...Is that gonna suck for me, lol.????

Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
firstclassflyer,

No, I dont speak Spanish...Is that gonna suck for me, lol.????

Nahhh...you'll be OK. it's not necessary. Nice to know it though. Good luck with the move.

How did you pick a place out without ever visiting? That's pretty bold!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 AM

Ya that's what my fam says too, but I'm just tired of my state and want to travel and check it out.....Ive never done anything like that in my life and just wanna give it a try. I just dont want to get shot, mugged, or raped in the process though.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 AM

hey firstclassflyer,
Before I move should I get rid of all my coats and sweatshirts? lol, Will I need them, everyone says how just hot hot hot it is in SA.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Ya that's what my fam says too, but I'm just tired of my state and want to travel and check it out.....Ive never done anything like that in my life and just wanna give it a try. I just dont want to get shot, mugged, or raped in the process though.
Well, I don't blame ya'. While we can't guarantee that those things won't happen to you...SA is safe as far as a big city goes, but crime is definitely out there. Just be careful, like you would anywhere else.

It's hot as Hades in the summer. This summer we had like 58 or 59 days over 100 degrees. That's hotter than normal though.
Usually it sits in the 90's all summer. A decent amount of humidity goes along with that. Summer pretty much runs from mid May to mid October...about 5 months. It can get cool in the winter, so save some of those sweatshirts. It's common to see 30's and 40's at night.
We are actually moving out, after relocating for some family issues from San Diego (the weather here was a downgrade for us). We didn't like the city (that's not to say that you won't) and will be out of here shortly. Back to SoCal.
Hope all goes well with your move.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,297 times
I'm a little confused. I just did a Google on Caprock Rd. and it is on the NW side of town in the Vance Jackson / Wurzbach area.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,800 times
I live on the southeast side.

There are some "rough' areas on the southeast side but those areas are closer to downtown/inner city as you get out a bit, it's really nice.

Areas south of Highland Park and Sunny Slope are nice, the Pecan Valley area is nice and the Brooks City Base area is growing with homes and retail.

However, I have no idea where Caprock Rd is. I looked it up on mapquest and the only Caprock street's I found were on the northwest side.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I'm a little confused. I just did a Google on Caprock Rd. and it is on the NW side of town in the Vance Jackson / Wurzbach area.
Same here however, that road is actually Caprock Street not Caprock Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio