Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 PM

3 posts, read 5,353 times

Advertisements

Yes, this is also a Craigslist post. Just trying to get the word out!

Okay ya'll, I'm 13, am in middle school, and am looking to start a Rock band with others of my age. Now, I don't really quite know how to play any instruments, nor do I have any (just a classical guitar, which I can't play real well at all, and I'm also hesitant to use as it was handcrafted by my Uncle) . I'm mainly interested in doing vocals, but I'm willing to learn all sorts of other stuff such as fiddle or drums. My musical interests are pretty broad, but also pretty strange. Music I listen to: CAKE, Minor Threat, Johnny Cash, Fugazi, Black Flag, Cage the Elephant, The Ramones, Rancid, some 50s style rock, Adam and the Ants, Red Hot Chili Peppers, some Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie (is absofreakinglutely amazing), ska in general, The AquaBats, The Dead Kennedys. Sex Pistols (sort of), Ani Difranco, Fiona Apple, Nirvan, The Cranberries, Gogol Bordello, Flogging Molly, etc. There's lots more, that's just a taste of my musical interests, and I can't remember the rest. I unoffiacally have a saxophone player, but we'll see about that, as that still isn't finalized or at all for sure. Now, remember, I don't have much of a way to get around, and I have no where to practice, also, since I'm still in school any and all practice will have to be either after school or on weekends. This isn't something that's supposed to be super serious, I just want to see where this goes. And if you think you're "EXTREME!!", then, I'm not really interested. Now, I'm looking for others around my age, which ranges from more mature 10 year-old all the way to 16 year-olds.

P.S. don't kill/kidnap me. Please? Also, If you want to play stuff like most pop/emo/modern rap, then I'm not really interested in that, as those are my least favorite styles of music. I'm just saying.
And no, I'm not all immature and dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio