U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 27,925 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience with this builder? If they're energy star certified (forgot to ask today) we very well may buy there soon.
We drove through the Stillwater Ranch development for the first time and were very impressed by their homes. Seems like they include a lot of other builders' upgrades as standard options. Plus the architectural style was very appealing. Just wanted to ask here and see what horror stories might pop up.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 08:02 PM

54 posts, read 76,001 times
They are really nice homes and with a lot of upgrades. I looked myself and the price was high for me and came with lil square footage. I ended up getting a fieldstone home. I want space and all the upgrades can come later for me. Saving about $10k in final cost + finances.

GL

Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,361,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorona View Post
Does anyone have experience with this builder? If they're energy star certified (forgot to ask today) we very well may buy there soon.
We drove through the Stillwater Ranch development for the first time and were very impressed by their homes. Seems like they include a lot of other builders' upgrades as standard options. Plus the architectural style was very appealing. Just wanted to ask here and see what horror stories might pop up.
I have known the Owner of New Leaf Homes for many years and yes he does put out a great product. The Homes are finely built with Standard Features that would be upgrades with other Builder's just as you said. I don't think I have ever seen a New Leaf Home whether a starter home or a Dream Home that I didn't like.

I cant' think of the name of the Subdivision on Talley Road just North of Potranco.(Maybe Gordon's Grove?) The Owner's Right Hand Man lives there. You will find some beautiful New Leaf Homes there also.

By the way I also know a couple of Families who purchased a New Leaf Home and they couldn't be happier. I have NEVER heard of any Horror Stories.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:47 PM

546 posts, read 1,315,883 times
My husband and I looked at New Leaf we loved the product but not the price. We would have been paying almost 140k for only 1200 sqft. sure the standard upgrades were nice but sqft was important. we went with Fieldstone as well and ended up with a very nice product for the price.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM

546 posts, read 1,315,883 times
oh and I believe they are Energy star rated.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 PM

Thank you for your responses. We also considered the square footage issue but we decided that the interior materials and "perks" are more important. Now we just have to see if we can beat the clock on the new homeowner tax credit!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM

16 posts, read 33,971 times
They are a great builder, but we had a bad experience with them at Stillwater (long story).

Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 AM
ctg

1 posts, read 6,303 times
We too also love their home but not exerience at Stillwater (another long story)

Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM

221 posts, read 501,425 times
i heard they are not starting homes....we live around the corner is there any validation to this?

Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 AM

I realized I never updated...We also walked away from them, had a bad experience as well.

We were looking at a "spec" home for purchase, it had been started but still needed a lot of work to complete. During the whole process we also kept hearing they had over-committed and were not starting any more homes (this was about 6 weeks ago). This totally made sense considering their unresponsiveness to several issues we brought forward. Of course their sales team tried to assure us they had not over-committed and "promised" us a late Feb. build start once we told them we were pulling out of the spec home contract...um, no thanks, I wouldn't have trusted anything they told us at that point. It was just a bad experience from start to finish and I'm glad we finally listened to our instincts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio