U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
How were you able to look up that info on the officer?
San Antonio city salaries (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/data_central/San_Antonio_city_salaries.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 04:54 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
$50K just in overtime? holy crap!

It was over a year ago and I can't remember who it was. You should have received some letters in the mail from some of them and I went with one of them. It's all one big scam if you ask me, but at least it won't go on your record. You usually don't have to go to court either. It is tempting to go to court to say all of that and it needs to be said, but the corruption is so deep, it really won't do any good. Cops are revenue generators for the city and that is the way it's going to be from now on.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 PM

37 posts, read 115,275 times
I just typed his name on google, and it popped right up.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:00 PM

I looked at that site as well, and for 2008, just up to August, he had over 31,000 in overtime.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 PM

35 posts, read 81,391 times
Seriously, if your speeding fine is $200, is it worth hiring an attorney for $1000 to fight that ticket? If I were you, I'd do a deferment.

What you are fighting is not the speeding ticket but your bruised ego and injustice. But are they worth that much?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 PM

The fine will be much higher, as he cited 2 offenses: speeding and failure to control speed. From what I can see, it will be almost $400, and likely raise my insurance as it's 2 offenses. I can't even figure out what the difference between the 2 are; the weather was calm, so no need to reduce speed due to rain. The roads were quiet as it was Sunday morning, so I wasn't trailing anyone. I don't agree with this being a bruised ego, and I don't know that deferment is an option for someone with an out of state license. From what I've read on the court website, you must have a
Texas license to do the school.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:56 PM

My attorney fee was in line with the drivers training option/paying the fine. I am sure you could pay $1000 if you wanted to, but I think that would be wasting money. I had to go to court for mine and I saw how the process worked. A table of lawyers, some court employees, some cops, and the judge up there talking to each other. All of them obviously knew each other very well and were on a first name basis, except the judge of course (I have very good hearing and am very good at listening to people). They asked a couple people a couple questions and basically worked it out amongst themselves. For mine, the officer (I hate using that word with this POS guy) said he couldn't remember it, so it was dropped.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 AM

6,257 posts, read 8,986,685 times
mmmmmmm......how long you been here, and why are you here? There's a finite time to transfer plates and DL's - you may very well find out that he COULD have cited you with those offenses also - but was trying to cut you some slack.
Look, guys - it sounds well and good to bust on the cop - but I notice the OP has NOT said he wasn't speeding - only that "he didn't think" he was going THAT fast. From my experience, that usually means he was, but may not have realized it - or didn't really mean to, it just happened. Either way, you did what you did - man up and figure out a way to minimize the damage to your wallet. I would either get an attorney, or see the judge - point out to him that while you may have been speeding, that's essentially what the other ticket is for, and see if he doesn't agree w/you.
Me, I'd go w/the attorney....

RD2007....you ever stop to think that maybe YOU were guilty as well? Because all that "POS" had to do was create a story, and you'd have been hung. Instead, he gave an honest answer that allowed you to walk away scott-free. You owe the man an apology - he could have got you, but didn't because HE WAS HONEST - yet you badmouth him. C'mon, dude - think about it - you're better than that!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 AM

5,142 posts, read 11,445,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Look, guys - it sounds well and good to bust on the cop - but I notice the OP has NOT said he wasn't speeding - only that "he didn't think" he was going THAT fast. From my experience, that usually means he was, but may not have realized it - or didn't really mean to, it just happened.
The OP mentioned this in the first sentence:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danandand View Post
I received a speeding ticket that I want to contest as I am positive I was not speeding.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
RD2007....you ever stop to think that maybe YOU were guilty as well? Because all that "POS" had to do was create a story, and you'd have been hung. Instead, he gave an honest answer that allowed you to walk away scott-free. You owe the man an apology - he could have got you, but didn't because HE WAS HONEST - yet you badmouth him. C'mon, dude - think about it - you're better than that!
BS! He lied in the first place. Claimed I made 7 illegal lane changes prior to that and I was coming from freaking Lackland. It was all single lane roads up to the base except the access road and I know he wasn't following me from the commissary parking lot. He was and I'm sure still is a POS cop trying to generate revenue and not caring about the three disabled vehicles he drove by on a hot summer day. This city is full of them, just do a search on here. I know there are some good ones because I worked with the wife of one of them, but even he complains about all the trash in the department.
Feel free to never call me out again. thanks

BTW, nice job of saying all he had to do was make up a story. That's called telling a lie and even the suggestion of that is not tolerable behavior. BS again!

BTW2, the OP could be military and therefore can keep his plates the entire time he is AD here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio