U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:50 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned Don Pedro on Military and Commerical. I think they are open until 2 on weekdays and 4 on weekends. Pretty decent Tex-Mex food and a full bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmammoo View Post
They're alright, but the food didn't blow me away. I think Piedras Negras was better and not too far up the highway.
We were looking for a place to have "lunch" tomorrow night and a Google search listed this place. They're open 24 hours/day and the menu looks pretty good. Anyone else have an opinion of the place? We're looking for somewhere IVO Lackland and when we say late night, we mean LATE night. Some people mentioned places staying open til 11 PM, that's cute..
Lunch here is 1:00 AM at the earliest.

and this Luthers place sounds interesting, but for some reason the Air Force blocks that website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 12:33 AM

I'll answer my own question. Just got back from lunch there and that is probably the best Mexican food I've had here. I got the Don Pedro plate (chile relleno, puffy taco, cheese enchilada, beans, rice, and salad) and my coworker got the mole chicken. We also got the nacho appetizer. The nachos were brilliant with how they made individual servings out of every chip and that guacamole was excellent. Much better than the piled on get everything at the top and nothing but soggy chips at the bottom nachos you usually get. Everything on my plate was excellent, especially the relleno. The poblano was very dark green and it was very lightly breaded and covered in some great tomato sauce. My coworker let me taste his mole chicken and that is what I'll be getting next time. Perfect combination of everything and I am almost positive there was peanut butter. A friend of mine makes it that way and I love it. It was like cacahuate mole, but it also had a nice strong chocolate too and the cacahuate part was peanut butter.
anyhow, absolutely perfect meal and excellent service. That was the shiznit for sure.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:38 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
And it's a nice-looking place inside since they remodeled. We used to go there for lunch.....the cheese enchiladas, rice and beans plate was like $3.95 and it was delicious. Not greasy at all....just nice. I think that even included tea, but it's been a few years....I'm sure the price has gone up to cover the new saltillo....but they do have good food.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:08 PM

8 posts, read 19,338 times
los robertos on bitters next to the falls.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And it's a nice-looking place inside since they remodeled. We used to go there for lunch.....the cheese enchiladas, rice and beans plate was like $3.95 and it was delicious. Not greasy at all....just nice. I think that even included tea, but it's been a few years....I'm sure the price has gone up to cover the new saltillo....but they do have good food.
It did look fairly new inside. I liked how there were a bunch of rooms and they were isolated from each other. We definitely did not want to be in the first part, which smelled like rotten alcohol/typical SA residents on a Friday or Saturday night. We were in the third room and the door was closed, so it was nice and quiet. I also liked how the food was not greasy at all. Even the puffy taco shell was nice and crispy and not oozing grease. I think I'm going to take my wife there next Monday when she's off.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:40 AM

114,159 posts, read 54,004,420 times
We used to go to Don Pedro's late night in the 80's! They've usually been pretty good. They recently remodeled and took in the whole block. From Commercial west to first side street. Mostly parking addition. The bar is pretty new! How about those heavy duty doors? They generally are as good or better than Rosario's. I wasn't that impressed last time we went there. Like most restaurants the real cook gets a couple days off!! Probably the best close proximity to Kelly Field/Lackland area. For Mexican food! Sea Island at Military and I-35 !! Hungry Farmer so so!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:17 PM

81 posts, read 204,991 times
bj's brewhouse is open until 12/1 (depending on day). max's wine dive until 12/2. bin 555 until 11/12.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:00 PM

2,559 posts, read 5,258,462 times
Luthers on Main near monte Vista is opened till 3am m-thur and till 5am on fri and Sat.
Luther's Cafe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or