Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:38 AM

791 posts, read 3,960,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmammoo View Post
Have you done the all-you-can-eat enchiladas during the day? That is awesome stuff!!!
All you can eat enchiladas? And we wonder why San Antonio is a fat city and we have so many health problems!!! Blame it all on that darn Tex-Mex!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 08:24 AM

163 posts, read 546,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
All you can eat enchiladas? And we wonder why San Antonio is a fat city and we have so many health problems!!! Blame it all on that darn Tex-Mex!
AND lack of physical activity.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 PM

229 posts, read 672,537 times
I don't think anyone has mentioned Don Pedro on Military and Commerical. I think they are open until 2 on weekdays and 4 on weekends. Pretty decent Tex-Mex food and a full bar.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 AM

163 posts, read 546,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned Don Pedro on Military and Commerical. I think they are open until 2 on weekdays and 4 on weekends. Pretty decent Tex-Mex food and a full bar.
They're alright, but the food didn't blow me away. I think Piedras Negras was better and not too far up the highway.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:05 AM

229 posts, read 672,537 times
You are right, Piedras Negras is better, but they are not open as late as they use to be in the 90's.

On another note, there is a small taco place on Culebra just past Hamilton that has the best mexican style tacos (imo) in SA. They are called El Mexicano, and it is little more than a kitchen inside and a couple of tables outside. They only sell one kind of taco, carne asada on corn tortillas. They also have charro beans and mexican sodas. Best of all they are open until 4 on wekends (they only open thurs-sun). The part of town might be a little scary for you suburbanites but the food is well worth the scare. lol. I dont mind, since i grew up in the area.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:58 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,458 times
Taco Cabana Ol Right

Old 05-30-2008, 09:30 AM

81 posts, read 230,643 times
has anyone been to hookah cafe Navona Caffe the best destination for gelato - Ice cream - Hookah with many Flavors in San antonio Texas ?

Old 05-30-2008, 04:04 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Shisha Cafe is another Hookah cafe that stays open until 2 during the week and 4 on the weekends. They have pretty good mediterranian food.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:53 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
2 Thumbs up for Lulu's jailhouse cafe and bakery, one of my first stops when I moved to SA. Dont let the decor put you off. If you like chicken fried steak or pretty much any greasy spoon type foods ( I mean that in the most sincere way) Lulu's has em. Lulu's also has free WiFi if you have a late night web obsession as well. I've been there days and nights atmosphere is fair for the type of place it is, But Im there for the food
Chachos on Callaghan and I-10 is great too, the margeritas and nachos go down well. It is crowded however on weekends well past bar closing times, be prepared.

Squidlo
Is Lulu's on Main? How late are they open? We've never been there which is really odd, since we lived over there for a while and still live close, plus drive by all the time since the kids go to school on San Pedro and we go through downtown to get home (near West side). I love chicken fried steak, but my GF does not, so maybe that's why we haven't been.

Usually we don't need a late night place but on the rare occasions we go "out" (clubbing) we like to eat afterwards, and noticed last time that a lot of the places that used to be open 24 hours were no longer open. Taco Cabana on San Pedro at Hildebrand, for example. Could have sworn that one used to be 24 hours, and you'd think it would be with all the bars nearby and college kids..? Also the Jim's on Broadway (near the Witte) was closed. Our only options were Taco Cabana (and that gets old) and Denny's.

I totally agree with how great it would be to have a Magnolia Cafe in SA. I'd be there!!! Love that place. Go there every time I go to Austin (which isn't often anymore, gas prices)..

BigDogTx; do you own Luther's? Aren't you the guy who owns the Saint and Heat and all that too?

Old 06-06-2008, 01:49 PM

33 posts, read 122,982 times
the Pig Stand.....we need more places that open late and serve home made recipe type food. Like Late Night Pie in Houston......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio