U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 01:36 PM

197 posts, read 542,438 times

Advertisements

Here's the website to the subdivision (The Hills at Rivermist). The "For Sale" homes are listed straight away....and they are NOT cheap.....yet anyway.....

The Hills of Rivermist: San Antonio, TX, New homes by Centex Homes - San Antonio

I hope the homeowners get the biggest, meanest, ugliest Lawyers they can. The kind that eat people for breakfast and sh*t them out in the afternoon! I hope they don't accept a bandaid from the builder!!

Last edited by coffeepotbend; 01-26-2010 at 02:39 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,246,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepotbend View Post
Here's the website to the subdivision (The Hills at Rivermist). The "For Sale" home are listed straight away....and they are NOT cheap.....yet anyway.....

The Hills of Rivermist: San Antonio, TX, New homes by Centex Homes - San Antonio

I hope the homeowners get the biggest, meanest, ugliest Lawyers they can. The kind that eat people for breakfast and sh*t them out in the afternoon! I hope they don't accept a bandaid from the builder!!
Get that lawyer who HAMMERS for you! He looks mean and ugly but I don't know if he eats people for breakfast he doesn't mention it in his advert!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:45 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,028,859 times
Again, I wonder if Centex used the standard builder "you can't sue. you must arbitrate" type contract.

Also, Pultex is saying the homeowner's should continue to pay their mortgage.

I wonder how many of those homeowner's used Centex's mortgage company, CH Mortgage.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM

968 posts, read 2,195,268 times
didn't the report say the guy had only been in his house three months?

i'm looking at google maps and thinking if this happened after three months or even since the time google maps took a picture, and only 3.9 inches of rain this month, imagine whats going to happen during spring when it rains regularly and the soil gets really moist. are we going to see this again?

my source for this last month of rain:
San Antonio JustWeather.com | Precipitation (http://sanantonio.justweather.com/radar/precipitation/ - broken link)

Last edited by Orincarnia; 01-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: changed "after spring" to "during spring"

Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 PM

3,375 posts, read 9,904,338 times
An attorney is scheduling a Free, Open to all meeting about homeowner's rights at the Drury Inn tonight... class action perhaps?
Anyway, he is welcoming anyone in the neighborhood....not just those on the slope. All property values may decrease....
Attorney to host 'homeowners rights' meeting for residents in landslide area | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 01-26-2010, 03:32 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,028,859 times
Where's Mary Nell and Wayne Wright?

"Bring Lawyers, Guns and Money" Warren Zevon

Old 01-26-2010, 04:00 PM

475 posts, read 971,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Again, I wonder if Centex used the standard builder "you can't sue. you must arbitrate" type contract.

Also, Pultex is saying the homeowner's should continue to pay their mortgage.

I wonder how many of those homeowner's used Centex's mortgage company, CH Mortgage.
The majority of the time, the builder sells a mortgage they fund to close a home sale to another company within a short time after close. So, it wouldn't be surprising to see homeowners already making payments to someone other than CH Mortgage.

My guess is that a buyout might be in order for a few of the houses severely affected, a refund of some amount for the remaining affected houses, and something like an extended warranty for the remainder of houses.

No matter what happens, I bet some attorneys will come out better than the homeowners, sad that it would be.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:50 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,839,204 times
Buyout + any costs incurred by moving somewhere else and maybe a little more for dealing with all the BS. Accept nothing less.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:01 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,188,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Buyout + any costs incurred by moving somewhere else and maybe a little more for dealing with all the BS. Accept nothing less.
I agree. I think this whole situation is getting ridiculous. First, they stripped the hill and I have to look at the durned ugly and naked thing now on the way to the office. Now this. It's getting to the point where 1604 and everything around it is a big joke.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:09 PM

28 posts, read 63,123 times
I would not worry about these people not getting compensated. This incident has received SO MUCH press that Centex's reaction is under extreme scrutiny. Builders live and die with their reputation (except for KB, but they overcome bad press with low sq.ft/$). With the right PR, Centex can make themselves look like a caring builder that takes care of its tenants.

By the way. My previous house was a Centex house and I lived there for 9 years. I was very happy with the construction and I did not have any problems with the house while I lived there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio