U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:41 AM

5 posts, read 8,671 times

Advertisements

Can you give me any information about the homes in the Indian Springs sub-division near Bulverde Road. The scenery is beautiful and my husband and I are thinking of buying a home in that area. After reading this thread I am a little afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 AM

7 posts, read 25,267 times
Looked at photos from post #389. Wow. This subdivision has absolutely no character at all. Basically treeless, no landscaping, bleak architecture. I know this subdivision is not uniquely awful.... the photos sure made it come across like that though. I hope things get better for the people who live there.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:28 PM

3,375 posts, read 9,907,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
By the way, you can watch a video animation of the "solution" to the wall failure problem here (http://www.rivermistinfo.com/solution1.asp - broken link).

Cheers! M2
Wow, i Know this is an old post, but those people are gonna lose a ton of backyard and have already been so screwed by all of this!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,840,817 times
I was hoping there was an update. This thread is already 50% LOL, 50% OMG and 50% WTF.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,175,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I was hoping there was an update. This thread is already 50% LOL, 50% OMG and 50% WTF.
Actually, we were driving down South Hausman the other day and you can see Rivermist from that road. It doesn't look like there is any more construction going on, but I haven't been back in that neighborhood since my last report to see how things are going...

I'll see if I can get by there this week to give y'all an update!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-03-2011, 08:43 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimboa View Post
Can you give me any information about the homes in the Indian Springs sub-division near Bulverde Road. The scenery is beautiful and my husband and I are thinking of buying a home in that area. After reading this thread I am a little afraid.
My inlaws live in the Indian Spring subdivision. The Preserve to be exact. They have been there almost 4yrs. They live along the very back road, Big Bluestem, in a Lennar home, that overlooks the greenbelt, but they do not have a home with a drop off.

If you are talking about the street I think you are talking about, I forget the name, but it's the one in the back, last street in the neighborhood, to the right, up a steep hill, those are beautiful views, but personally, I would be very cautious living on such drop offs like that. The original homes back there were not built by Lennar, I forget who the other builder was, I believe they went out of business and Lennar bought the remaining lots.

Anything can happen, never say never, add your own cliche here. If you read in the beginning of this thread my husband and I were about to jump in on one of the lots in Rivermist that was on the hill. I used to sell FEMA Flood Ins. policies and was very leary of ground movement/shifting. Everytime I drive by Rivermist I thank God that we did not purchase our "dream" lot.

Now, this is not to say that the ground will shift in Indian Springs, but I have always been one to err on the side of caution. If I were buying there, I would personally buy in the middle of the neighborhood, and stay away from the hill, but again, this is just me...

Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 PM

5 posts, read 8,671 times
Thanks Mrstxcop for your info. Actually the place is called the Colony of Indian Springs located on Navajo Peace Road. I did look up some streets in that subdivision and looked up the appraisal value for some of those homes. Each one of them are depreciating. I don't know why, they are only about 2-3 years old. David Weekely bought some of the plots that were previously owned by DRHorton. My husband's company assigned a realtor to us and this realtor does not give us much help but is very honest about areas we pick. It's frustrating when you don't really know the area and this will be our retirement home as well. My children are on their own. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 PM

5,632 posts, read 6,451,437 times
Quote:
Thanks Mrstxcop for your info. Actually the place is called the Colony of Indian Springs located on Navajo Peace Road. I did look up some streets in that subdivision and looked up the appraisal value for some of those homes. Each one of them are depreciating. I don't know why, they are only about 2-3 years old. David Weekely bought some of the plots that were previously owned by DRHorton. My husband's company assigned a realtor to us and this realtor does not give us much help but is very honest about areas we pick. It's frustrating when you don't really know the area and this will be our retirement home as well. My children are on their own. I don't want to make the wrong decision.
Sorry but if you are looking for your "retirement" home, you can pick a home in a better area.

Not sure what your budget is, but if you can afford an older home in an more established area, it is what I would personally do. In my opinion

Old 01-04-2011, 06:46 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,226,234 times
Quote:
Do not use appraisal district information for market value. Use the actual sales prices of properties (which you can get from a real estate agent or from the county). Almost every part of SA has had BCAD drops over the last two years, due to overinflated values in prior years for property tax revenue.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,840,817 times
BCAD's appraisal comes in consistently below what they sell for in my area. YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio