U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 06:23 PM

7 posts, read 9,537 times

Advertisements

Some of you are so helpful and thank you!!! HOWEVER it wouldn't matter if I found houses I liked 2 months ago (which i did) they are all now rented. I am former military myself and have moved more times then i want to remember so please don't spin the supportive military wife bull**** my way. I don't like the title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 PM

3,648 posts, read 9,582,851 times
Don't worry Liz... I'm sure no one will try to put a "supportive wife" title on you.

I'm just shocked that in two months, you were unable to find even ONE realtor in the San Antonio area. I agree with firstclassflyer's post- it's a travesty. These people really should advertise.

Moderator cut: see comment She says the following:

I've been looking for a realtor but haven't had any luck finding any.

no Ive had about 2 months but this entire time Ive had no luck

Then follows it up with this:

HOWEVER it wouldn't matter if I found houses I liked 2 months ago (which i did) they are all now rented.

It can't all be true.

Last edited by Bo; 02-01-2010 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Be careful with the t-word. Referring to another member as a troll is considered a personal attack at City-Data.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 PM

7 posts, read 9,537 times
well it is and im sitting here with no luck. The realtor I have found either don't deal with rentals or only have apartments. I am a supportive wife just not an idiot military wife.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,081,622 times
Did you try the realtor I PM'd you about?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:16 AM

615 posts, read 1,324,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz808 View Post
Some of you are so helpful and thank you!!! HOWEVER it wouldn't matter if I found houses I liked 2 months ago (which i did) they are all now rented. I am former military myself and have moved more times then i want to remember so please don't spin the supportive military wife bull**** my way. I don't like the title.
I had a long winded reply, and when it all comes down to it...

This is what I could come up with....

Edit - I offered the OP the chance to contact me via DM for my realtor AND my realestate website, but he/she has declined to. Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 02-01-2010 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: Be careful with the t-word. Referring to another member as a troll is considered a personal attack at City-Data.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 AM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,009,579 times
You know what a Reator's commision is on a rental? About 100-200 bucks or so. Don't expect them to come beating on your door and driving you all around neighborhoods. It's a matter of economics.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:55 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,548,574 times
You might consider a weekly/monthly corperate or family hotel plus putting your stuff in storage for a lttle while. It would be more effort and expense, but you could search better when you are here.

There are places all over near FS, but I would guess only a fraction are visible online or of interest to realators. Also, commuting is not a huge issue in SA, unless you live out I-10 or 1604. You could really live almost anywhere in NE/NC SA and not have too long a drive. Good luck!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,199,528 times
OP here a small suggestion. Google map the Ft Sam Houston area.

The Ideal areas are going to be north of the base, that area is expensive, best bet is NW. Look at the neighborhoods like Tobin Hills, Monte Vista.

You dont want to go south of the base...no south of IH35, You dont want to go to far east of the base, or to far west...these at economically depresed areas. homes are run down and they are tough neighborhoods.

now on google maps with north part of the city in focus type in realtors in monte vista san antonio...up will pop a list of realtors in that area. and red dot location on the map

do the same for the other neighborhoods in the area.

Olmos park west of HWY281
Montecello Park
Alta Vista
Tobin Hill

If you look at the map, you want to look in that Ncentral area to loop 410.

you can even type in "homes for sale 78216(zip code) all the homes listed for sale will red dot. If you click on a red dot the Homes data comes up...click on the photo of the pop up and a more detailed sheet come up.

pics of home
cost
no of bedrooms ect
realator
map directions

I found my home this way.

TW there is an icon of a yellow man in the upper left corner, if you pull him to street, the view changes to street level and you can walk the neighborhood to see what its like.

Last edited by 1751texan; 02-01-2010 at 08:09 AM..

Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM

417 posts, read 871,495 times
Liz, I sent you a dm...best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio