U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:53 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,008,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriously...? View Post
yeah... that's helpful. thanks for replying to what is obviously a serious question with douche-baggery.

Someone doesn't have a sense of humor....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 AM

790 posts, read 1,606,531 times
And don't forget the threat of wild pigs. No joke -- my brother owns land along the Guadalupe. He left his two dogs out while he ran into town for a quick trip to HEB. Came back and one of them was near dead from being mauled by wild pigs. That taught him a lesson (via a $3500 vet bill) and he does not leave the dogs out unattended anymore.

I agree with other posters -- if you have a lot of acreage, I would create a smaller encloser. Also, invisible fences are no use. It may stop your dog from going out, but will not prevent other animals (wild or domestic) from coming in. Same with chaining a dog. Nice way to create bait! But some people chain dogs in San Antonio. Interesting phenom.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:03 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,555,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofpawinters View Post
I am considering moving to the San Antonio area from PA. Ideally, I'm thinking somewhere on the outskirts of the city, in an area with a more rural or small town feel and find a property with a couple of acres. I have three small pups ranging from 10-20lbs. My main concern is whether my pups will be safe in the San Antonio area. Can anyone offer insight as to the dangers or scorpions, rattlesnakes, etc... The likelihood of encountering them and whether its feasible to keep them away from my yard and my pups?

One animal you may not be familar with are fire ants, look for and treat mounds around runs or houses.

As for scorpions, the dogs would prob eat them before they got stung, esp if they like to eat bees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or