Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 PM

107 posts, read 277,607 times

Advertisements

heb will probably never open a second cm in san antonio. itll be quite a while before they open anything else but plus stores anywhere. plus stores pull both ends of the shopping spectrum and cm's usually only get more upscale day to day shoppers. the cm here is the oddball of the family because it still carries heb items. none of the other stores would be caught unlocking their doors with hill country fare items on the shelf, and they dont carry any of the big label brands this one has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 06:12 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
I want to love on Frost Bank some more. I love banking there. I've never had a problem, and I love knowing I can call and talk to a real person. I also like going in to the bank - they're always really friendly and so helpful.

I banked at IBC the first two years I lived here because it was more convenient, but as soon as I moved into town, I switched to Frost.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:40 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,145 times
Discount Tire? They tried telling me my tires were worn down past the point where they needed to be replaced and they really didn't. My car was only a year old...lol

Costco lines are bad enough to where I'll go spend an extra $10 somewhere else to avoid it. Especially during the weekend where people just can't seem to pass up free samples.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:36 PM

30 posts, read 39,909 times
I was just about to ask for a recommendation for a good local bank in SA. This post saved me a lot of searching time, thanks. BTW financial expert clark howard states local banks give better service than the nationwide giants.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:06 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Just got back from spending the morning at my local Discount Tire (1604 & Bandera Rd). Got all three of our vehicles' tires rotated and balanced. The Toyota took 14 minutes, the Jeep 19 minutes (keep in mind it requires a 5-tire rotation) and the minivan I forgot to time it but I'd estimate it took less than 20 minutes easy.

I had 8am and 10am appointments for the first two vehicles, but after the first I asked if I could bring the next vehicle in early and they said sure. After that one, I inquired about when the minivan was done, and they advised it was time to bring it in and now was as good as ever.

I honestly consider Discount Tire to be the gold standard of customer service, I wish more businesses were like them. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else for my tires...

Cheers! M2

Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 AM

74 posts, read 175,160 times
I agree regarding Discount Tire at Bandera and 1604, but I won't go back to the one in Kerrville. Long story short, the Kerrville location led me to believe I needed a new tire when in fact only the valve stem was bad. The location at Bandera and 1604 has been very good to us. We've taken our vehicles (SUV, truck, and camper) to them on several occassions and received very prompt and honest service.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,736,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I want to love on Frost Bank some more. I love banking there. I've never had a problem, and I love knowing I can call and talk to a real person. I also like going in to the bank - they're always really friendly and so helpful.

I banked at IBC the first two years I lived here because it was more convenient, but as soon as I moved into town, I switched to Frost.
I have been with Frost Bank for almost sixteen years. I purchased a set of wheels online at the Tire Rack. As I was keying in my debit card information, a Frost Bank Pop-up appeared and asked a security question. I answered it, then my cell phone rang. One of the managers has called me just to verify that this online purchase was legitimate. It really is nice to know that they have my back. This bank has been around since 1868 for a reason!

Last edited by 69GSstage1; 01-12-2012 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 01-14-2012, 07:06 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
I've always been happy with USAA, too.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,736,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood_888 View Post
I was just about to ask for a recommendation for a good local bank in SA. This post saved me a lot of searching time, thanks. BTW financial expert clark howard states local banks give better service than the nationwide giants.
I agree. Most mega banks such as Chase, Bank of America etc will nickel and dime their account holders with a laundry list of fees. It seems like the account holder is being penalized for having a account with a mega bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio