U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,454,569 times

Advertisements

I think keystone is awesome. I have known several people to go through there, and have two friends (maybe more like acquaintances) that currently send there kids there - nothing but rave reviews. As mentioned above though - not in N/NW.

There is also Buckner Fanning - which is right by our house in N/NC. It and concordia are a stones throw and also highly regarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 09:07 AM

897 posts, read 2,612,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayce View Post
Thanks great info.

I have 2 kids. My son is going to be in the 4th grade and my daughter will be in the 1st. Unfortunately we have not picked out a house, we are pretty sure we are going to build. Which means we will probably have a short stint in an apartment. I have moved around alot and in my experience I need to get my kids schooling situated rather quickly so I am not limited. My husband is starting a new job there and that is why we are moving on such short notice. St Mary's Hall looks excellent, but is a little to pricey. I want tuition to be about 5k a year for each of my kids.

Castle Hills First Baptist School on NW Military has tution about what you are looking, perhaps less. The elementary school is excellent and the school is from pre-K thru high school.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 PM

37 posts, read 177,187 times
St Matthews would be my choice if you could get in. I have a friend who enrolled her dd at Rolling Hills Academy this year and was not too pleased. She will be taking her out and enrolling her at St George Episcopal.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,549 times
I have two boys and two nieces that attend the Atonement Academy. We have been there for the past five years and have been pleased with their performance. My boys will be in second and fourth grades and my nieces are in eighth and a freshman in high school. They are truly an acedemic school. They were recently recognized as a Blue Ribbon school. All the grades are accelerated. They are however very structured. This is sometimes a problem for some parents. They do go to mass every day and are taught spanish and latin as mandatory subjects. The school is very tight knit and you feel like a community. Teachers and students recognize you by name after you have been there a while. We feel it is worth our investment. I encourage you to call Mr. Arndt who is the Head Master. He can provide you with more information.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:29 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,405,829 times
My son just graduated from St. Thomas Episcopal. It is from preschool to 5th grade, however. They do have about the lowest tuition outside of Catholic schools-about 5800 next year. It's located right at the 281/1604 intersection.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,424 times
Default rolling hills

i attended rolling hills academy from 6th thru 8th grade, and was pleased with my experience, i mean at the time i hated the rules and the small classes, but now i understand why they are there. i dont like the current principal, but academically its an amazing school, with really small classes

Old 11-16-2007, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,894 times
Default St Luke's Catholic

If you can get in here I would really try as hard as you can. However, there is a waiting list and I know on the weekend leading up to monday morning open registration parents sleep in the parking lot for 2 nights to get the best spots - this does not guarantee anything though... Academics are very well regarded and the school has an excellent reputation. We are not from here, but when we meet people who are from here they always ask us if we can help get thier kids in - amazing! We have noticed that most families do not care about how much money the other has (do not get me wrong, there are some very wealthy families - I'd say we are a little better off than most but we do not "advertise" this). But it is a very accepting atmosphere and I would highly recommend they be put on your list.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 PM

320 posts, read 932,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samom02 View Post
St Matthews would be my choice if you could get in. I have a friend who enrolled her dd at Rolling Hills Academy this year and was not too pleased. She will be taking her out and enrolling her at St George Episcopal.
I am considering Rolling Hills Academy for my little one for next year. Would you mind stating the reasons for your friend not liking that school. So far I've heard more pros than cons, but the more info the better. Send me a direct message if you prefer.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or