U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,606,467 times

Advertisements

Here is a pic of him down broadway it seems him coming from the airport, there is another pic I saw of him down broadway close to 410.

http://www.semp.us/images/Biot674PhotoP.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 PM

99,107 posts, read 25,992,284 times
This report says he landed at SA Int Airport.

President Kennedy in San Antonio on November 21, 1963. - YouTube

Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM

745 posts, read 1,011,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Here is a pic of him down broadway it seems him coming from the airport, there is another pic I saw of him down broadway close to 410.

http://www.semp.us/images/Biot674PhotoP.jpg (broken link)
great image. thanks.

Lincoln Limousine with the suicide doors

the flags on the front fenders

the motorcycle reflection by the rear tire,

the motorcycle cop over the rear fender

the crowd clapping

only way it could be better......

Jackie's face would not be partially blocked out.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-13-2012 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: copyrighted photos requires links only

Old 04-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Yup he arrived at the airport, great video here.

The Last Two Days - Part 1 - YouTube

Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Yup he arrived at the airport, great video here.

The Last Two Days - Part 1 - YouTube
Nice find! That leaves no doubt.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,481,487 times
Sweet, thanks for figuring this out guys! Hate to be passing on bad trivia and the last time I mentioned it here no one challenged it. Glad this time I was better informed for next time.

Here is an actual graphic of the motorcade route courtesy of the DRT: http://drtlibrary.files.wordpress.co...de-mapwtmk.jpg

According to the brief accompanying the map are the facts that he landed at the airport but departed from Kelly.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Sweet, thanks for figuring this out guys! Hate to be passing on bad trivia and the last time I mentioned it here no one challenged it. Glad this time I was better informed for next time.

Here is an actual graphic of the motorcade route courtesy of the DRT: http://drtlibrary.files.wordpress.co...de-mapwtmk.jpg

According to the brief accompanying the map are the facts that he landed at the airport but departed from Kelly.
Thanks! That's another great find. I saw him go by on Military drive on that day. I was in the sixth grade. I couldn't remember the direction he was going. But, west seems right. I saw something else that pointed to Roosevelt as part of the route. Makes sense as he appears to have been at International and Kelly.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,391,055 times
Default Motorcade route Documentation ?

Excellent. Especially on the notation of one of the secret service people drinking beer
that very afternoon in 1963. Crazy.
Also entered was that the V.P. went back to Johnson to Johnson city that afternoon.
That was when, the conspiracy theorists claim, that LBJ went to plot the
assasination the very next day from a Murchison ranch house outside Dallas.
There are entire books on this topic.
Present during this plot wwere Clint Murchison,Cliff Richardson, George and Herman Brown and John Connally. and other oil millionaires and moguls.
Even J.E. Hoover would show there on occasion.
LBJ's mistress, also present , describes the events of that evening in an interview on videotape and a portion of it is on youtube. This interview is under "LBJ's mistress" on youtube. It was conducted out of doors complete with Live Oak trees in the background.
After this meeting, that very evening, this mistress Madeleine Duncan Brown, claims that Johnson said to her "I'll never have to worry about the Kennedys again after tomorrow."
Baloney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Did a little digging. He landed at SAIAP according to the Secret Service roster:

Secret Service Duty Rosters for JFK's Texas Trip

Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the map great find.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 PM
RGJ

1,898 posts, read 2,613,103 times
I attended the JFK speech at Brooks AFB. My sister even shook his hand. I remember she didn't wash her hands for days after that. Being the brothers that we were, we said she had the "hand of death" after JFK was later killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio