U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 AM

2,216 posts, read 3,994,947 times

Advertisements

Havent been to NY Pizza Pub. Agreed that Grimaldis is the best in the San Antonio area for NY pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:15 PM

168 posts, read 359,085 times
Default OYSTERS at FISH CITY GRILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Where can I find some good oysters in town? Acadiana? Pappadeaux? I don't care, fried, not-fried, whatever. Raw sounds good, as well.

Just wondering. Thanks for the info, guys! You rock!
Have you eaten at FISH CITY GRILL?
1604 and 281 in the strip mall close to HEB.
They have raw and deep fried oysters.
We love 'em both there!!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:17 PM

168 posts, read 359,085 times
Default No Raw Oysters at Acadiana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napunani View Post
Have you eaten at FISH CITY GRILL?
1604 and 281 in the strip mall close to HEB.
They have raw and deep fried oysters.
We love 'em both there!!

Only had deep-fried at Acadiana. Have never seen raw oysters on their menu.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM

464 posts, read 662,169 times
Someone told me that Milano's on Wurzbach recently changed hands. Does anyone know who the new owners are? Has the cuisine changed or improved?

I've noticed that over the past year the place wasn't as polished, painted and clean as it once was....spots on the carpet, the breadsticks were rather tough the past few times we were there.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,340,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Havent been to NY Pizza Pub. Agreed that Grimaldis is the best in the San Antonio area for NY pizza.
I guess it all depends on what kind of pizza you like. There's:

Chicago-style
NY-style
Coney Island-style (ie, well done)
Neapolitan-style

I'd agree that Grimaldi's is some of the best pizza in town. It's consistently good, which is more than I can say for other homegrowns that have popped up. With me and food, consistency is everything. If you can't serve me a good meal on a routine basis, you're worthless as an eatery.

BN

Old 02-03-2012, 09:31 PM

47 posts, read 78,505 times
Default Napoli's Italian Bistro (Castroville)

The wife, kids and I were out in Castroville tonight and decided to try Napoli's Italian Bistro. We were blown away with how good it was! My wife got a linguini with clams that was super garlicky awesome, and I really enjoyed the Shrimp fra Diavola. The garlic knots, kid's pizza, calimari, and the house italian dressing were all hits! Best Italian food we've had in quite some time. We'll definitely go back!

They don't serve wine, but you are welcome to bring your own.

I've gotta say, Castroville has impressed me with a lot of little finds..... We love Cora's and the Old Alsation Steakhouse too. Of course Sammy's and the bakery across the street are good too. We don't go too often, but it's nice change of pace from all the franchise restaurants in west SA....

Old 02-05-2012, 02:20 PM

166 posts, read 526,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdad View Post
The wife, kids and I were out in Castroville tonight and decided to try Napoli's Italian Bistro. We were blown away with how good it was!

I went there last night and was totally NOT impressed. Large portions, but their GRAVY is lacking flavor.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM

5,632 posts, read 6,446,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdad View Post
The wife, kids and I were out in Castroville tonight and decided to try Napoli's Italian Bistro. We were blown away with how good it was! My wife got a linguini with clams that was super garlicky awesome, and I really enjoyed the Shrimp fra Diavola. The garlic knots, kid's pizza, calimari, and the house italian dressing were all hits! Best Italian food we've had in quite some time. We'll definitely go back!

They don't serve wine, but you are welcome to bring your own.

I've gotta say, Castroville has impressed me with a lot of little finds..... We love Cora's and the Old Alsation Steakhouse too. Of course Sammy's and the bakery across the street are good too. We don't go too often, but it's nice change of pace from all the franchise restaurants in west SA....
I agree with you on all the places except Sammy's. That place is nasty.

Any place that makes enchiladas with hormel chili should be put out of business.

I grew up near Castroville and I have always disliked Sammy's.

Last edited by Azure110; 02-05-2012 at 03:14 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 07:08 PM

410 posts, read 554,888 times
Was curious to see if there was any input here (got tagged with "elitist alert" on the openings/closings thread) on Bliss or Sustenio. I usually wait until a place has found it's legs before trying but the pedigrees here make me want to sample sooner than later. Then again, there's a growing list of places(Midi, Tangere) in this town that closed before I ever got around to checking out.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 AM

3,219 posts, read 8,006,351 times
What % of restaurants in SA are Mexican, Italian, Asian and others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or