Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,970,369 times

Advertisements

Actually, I was just talking with my Canadian bud and he said it was 1° warmer in Vancouver today than it was in San Antonio...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,699,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixIsRad View Post
Vancouver,BC has everything over San Antonio,ESPECIALLY THE DRIVING.They even have Big Red soda there
What do you mean driving and big red soda? We have driving and big red soda here....started in Waco.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,253 times
I love BC, it is marvelous in terms of outdoor beauty, the weather is great considering that it is Canada. I dont think we have big red soda, we might, but I doubt it. The island is great for short term, if you are old and want to retire, have a government job, are rich, intend to be outside all day.

I am super excited to move to SA, I love the idea of lots of sun, much less clouds, warmer winters (for the most part), all your shopping opportunities (we have so little on the island its quite frustrating). I hear the food down there is amazing. I have some really good personal reasons for wanting to leave this place for your sunny patch of happy down there.

Im curious about the restaruants there, what would be a good place to apply to for entry level waitress positions with good pay/tips? I need a job that gives the most for my efforts and allows me to move up to bartending or something like that with better tips potential.

Any help on that would be super!

Thanks for the advice about the Hungarian Club and the answers about climate, I got some great feedback on both those topics here so I thought Id ask for more.

As for posting about my experience once Im finally in SA, absolutely! Give and take, amirite? (:

Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,781,335 times
For what it's worth I had a friend in San Antonio from Victoria. He was going to dental school in San Antonio but after he graduated moved back. The move was really reluctant for him - I think he wanted to stay. He talked about how there was more to do in San Antonio, and the cost of housing is a lot lower. We'd go hiking and biking a lot; Jim was really into the outdoors.

I've been over to the island before - it's a great place. Plan on taking my wife back over sometime this spring if time allows. We take the Black Ball from Port Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio