U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,992 times

Advertisements

Hoping some of you property owner/landlords can help us with this.

We own a home in San Antonio and live out of state. A local realtor/property management company deals with the rental for us. Recently, we were contacted and advised that the water heater needed to be replaced. We were told that in addition to the water heater, they were looking at replacing the expansion tank, pressure reducing valve at meter and water heater pan and were quoted a total price of $1480.

Upon further discussion, the individual assigned to our property told both my husband and me (in seperate conversations and emails) that, for now, they would simply replace the water heater and hold off on the water pressure issue. This reduced the expense to $800-$900. The property manager was supposed to get back to us regarding the water pressure issue. In the meantime, I spoke with another plumber in SAT who informed me that the water pressure fix is sort of optional in that it is caused by the city expanding and you can simply tell the city that the water pressure was fine when the house was built and you will not be forced to fix it. At any rate, we never heard back from the property manager and assumed that the water pressure fix was not needed and that the water heater was replaced.

Well, we didnít get a rent deposit this month and when we got our statement, it shows $1628 in repairs, which included the expansion tank, pressure reducing valve at meter and water heater pan. Both my husband and I are certain that we did not consent to the water pressure fix and we have one email indicating that that property manager would get back to us on that issue (which she never did).

Do we have any recourse on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,028,429 times
probably not depending on the type of agreement you have. But how did it go from $1480 to $1628? Include a property manager's fee for handling the repair? You might try to get that waived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio