Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 03:01 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times

Advertisements

I thought Parrot Eyes was just a bar? Did they change it into a restaurant?

Well I'll be dipped in chocolate and rolled in raisins....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 03:13 PM

10 posts, read 17,618 times
maybe it is just a bar ...we didn't go (just drove by). But several people had told us it was a restaurant. I thought it looked fun because of the water sports stuff.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:14 PM

10 posts, read 17,618 times
just looked it up online really quick and it's both...looks like a lot of fun!

Restaurants on South Padre Island, Parrot Eyes Restaurant and Bar

Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
It's a pretty cool little place. Last time I went they had 2 pool tables but they were a little lopsided... didn't matter after a few colds ones, though.

Holy crud, they did a total remodel of the place.... gotta check it out next time I'm down there.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,372 times
it is a restaurant too. we went this past summer. lots of fun!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 PM

13 posts, read 36,523 times
My hometown is very close by so I frequent SPI a lot. If you're looking into renting a condo, check out Latitude 26 for rentals. It's a great management company out there. I've used them several times and have been very happy with each unit we've rented. They're extremely friendly. I find the condos to be perfect now that we have kids. It's nice to be able to whip up a snack for them whenever we need to. All that water play makes my kiddos tired and hungry so the convenience is great.
As for dining, you have to try Dirty Al's. It's my favorite place out there. The crabfingers and fried shrimp are to die for. It gets packed so get there early and enjoy watching the boats come in and out of the bay while you wait. Oh, they stop taking names at 6PM on busy nights (everynight practically) so keep that in mind. I'm telling you, it's worth the wait! Jesse's for Mexican food, The Pizza Joint for pizza, Louie's backyard for a killer buffet with outside deck dining. One tip for Louie's...keep some bread in a napkin and throw it out to the water to watch the crazy catfish eat it up. It's always a fun time for the kids.
Have fun!

Old 02-20-2010, 02:46 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,091 times
I love this! So much great info..Thank you all!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,214 times
last time we went we used the campground on the island. It was just fine.

I would reccomend going to the schliterbahn ( i know I probably mispelled it). It was a lot of fun as the entire thing is a lazy river that feeds into each slide so you never really get out of the water. If you are there when they open you can canoe or kayak around it for the first 15-30 minutes before they allow swimming.

lots of good eats in the area. you can also cross over to port isabel and do the dolphin watch boat. they also have painted dolphin statues all over town. kinda fun. and of course it is a very short trip to cross the border if your up for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio