Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 01:26 AM

713 posts, read 3,437,829 times

Advertisements

Is there a school in San Antonio that offer's training to get forklift certified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 08:31 PM

95 posts, read 206,352 times
Most forklift certifications are actually offered on the job. To my knowledge there is no local governing body that provides or dictates requirements.

In short there is no such thing as "Forklift Certification". Are you experienced to drive one without killing someone/knocking something over? If the answer is yes then you for a low fee I will send you a certificate I drew up in MS Paint...

Old 02-27-2010, 08:36 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
AtticMonkey is right. Where I work, forklift training is offered onsite.

However, I know that st phillips college offers classes or did at one time. Not sure if the classes there is for companies or individuals.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 PM

713 posts, read 3,437,829 times
Was wondering since some warehouse jobs I found list that you need to already know how to use a forklift already. Could not find one that offered training on the job.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 35,846 times
You should also check out places that sell forklifts. I know in MN some of the resellers sell training for around $99 and it is a 3 year osha certification. The great thing about getting from someone else not an employer is that the certification is yours not the company. Just about all of these other responces need an education it is an OSHA certification it actually exist any other fabrication is a lie like the MS Paint responce. You could check out the tech college but it might be easier and cheaper to take a road trip to take a 4 hour course that is OSHA certified

Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticMonkey View Post
Most forklift certifications are actually offered on the job. To my knowledge there is no local governing body that provides or dictates requirements.

In short there is no such thing as "Forklift Certification". Are you experienced to drive one without killing someone/knocking something over? If the answer is yes then you for a low fee I will send you a certificate I drew up in MS Paint...

Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 PM

Are you confused or just living in your own toxic cloud. Yes it exists check out OSHA law advice such as yours is just going to make people angry when the find out your uninformed.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 962 times
Here is a great guide to obtaining a forklift license
[url]https://forkliftlicensehq.com/forklift-license[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: