U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM
mcl

70 posts, read 90,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
Hi Sharon, I have lived in Stone Oak for 12 years now. I just built my second house there; sold the first one and decided to build a bigger one in the same area. The traffic issue will be relieved after this summer when Blanco Road construction is finished.
Btw, I'm a native San Antonian, and I do like Stone Oak.
For the Canyon Springs area, I am looking forward to Wilderness Oaks opening up through to 281.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM

392 posts, read 782,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl View Post
For the Canyon Springs area, I am looking forward to Wilderness Oaks opening up through to 281.
I'm sure that's scheduled for right after the Huebner punch through <sarcasm>

Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
mcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 to 210 View Post
I'm sure that's scheduled for right after the Huebner punch through <sarcasm>
Trust me I hear you, and understand the likelihood of road construction (not) being completed on time...

Seriously though..don't they need to complete the Wilderness Oaks punch through to 281 before they open up the new elementary school?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 AM

824 posts, read 1,146,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl View Post
Trust me I hear you, and understand the likelihood of road construction (not) being completed on time...

Seriously though..don't they need to complete the Wilderness Oaks punch through to 281 before they open up the new elementary school?
Depends on who you mean by "they"...

Old 03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
mcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
Depends on who you mean by "they"...
Isn't that part of the master plan in order to open the school?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,402,292 times
I think they (school district) had hoped to connect that road before the school opened, but it's not a requirement. From what I hear, the road won't be completed by fall now.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM
mcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I think they (school district) had hoped to connect that road before the school opened, but it's not a requirement. From what I hear, the road won't be completed by fall now.
I wish that surprised me.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbear24 View Post
I understand that the traffic is bad in the Stone Oak and surrounding areas. However, if we chose to buy a home in the NorthEast School district which subdivisions would be the easiest in dealing with traffic and communting to BAMC. My husband doesn't mind the commute, but I would like to make this move as pleasant for everyone involved as possible. Our budget for our home is $300,000-375,000.

Thanks in advance,
Sharon
It just depends on what type of home you're looking for. As someone else quoted, Oakwell would be a good choice for your price range. But, the new 'superstreet' is going to help congestion on 281 north of 1604 to Marshall Rd. and should be finished end of Sept. this year. Here's a link detailing the superstreet. http://www.ksat.com/news/22757892/detail.html

There are some great buys in the Stone Oak area right now. Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 04-11-2010 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Per the TOS, information sharing is fine, but soliciting business is not allowed.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:37 AM

2,439 posts, read 4,581,282 times
Status/Info on what's happening with the Hardy Oak @ Knight's Cross punch through..

http://www.neisd.net/constr/bonds/projects/knights_cross/2007/files/Hardy-Oak-Road-Extension_Summary.pdf (broken link)

Two more elementaries are slated to open in 2012, one at the (proposed) "end" of Hardy Oak, between Knight's Cross and Sonterra Blvd., the other at 1604 (W) @ Huebner, NE corner. These will relieve Canyon Ridge, Stone Oak, Wilderness Oak, and Hardy Oak.

Info on propsed Bulverde Ranch ES and proposed Roseheart ES not yet available.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 PM

1,740 posts, read 3,950,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I would be cautious with the Quarry at Iron Mountain though. That borders the Steubing Ranch which will be developed soon. Those views of pristine, open land today may be a strip mall tomorrow. And I don't think the Quarry is actually in Stone Oak -- which means no benefits of the POA.
The development of Steubing Ranch is still years off. And as far as the land behind (to the North side of the community) the HOA negotiated very strict restrictions to the future development to protect our community. I am on the HOA board and was involved in the negotiations and signed the agreement between the HOA of Quarry at Iron Mountain and the developer. As far as not being part of Stone Oak - that is true. But that comes with benefits. For example, we have lower HOA dues and have SAWS instead of Bexar Met water. The community is nearly built out - so you can get a good idea of what it will be like when complete - most likely this year at the rapid pace of the building out here. PM me if you have questions about the HOA and restrictions on the ranch development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio