Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,523,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmediasres View Post
One lady struck up a conversation with me while I waited for take-out. Maybe that's an isolated incident... I hope not. I also visited a church, and the people were extremely kind.
I could say that that is only common in SO, but I would be lying! While I do live there, we have found friendly and non-friendly people all over.

Fortunately, the friendly far outnumber the rest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 08:58 PM

45 posts, read 122,684 times
I am very excited about moving to SA (okay...I'm a little worried about the cockroaches)...I am so thankful for all the help and information I have received on the San Antonio city data site. We visited Stone Oak a few years back and I can understand why some people may not like it, but for us it just felt right. Once you find an area you like...it's so wonderful when people that live there take time to help make the transition of moving a little easier. Thanks for everyone that has helped me and countless others...

Old 03-20-2010, 10:50 PM

38 posts, read 156,951 times
I would definately avoid any need to get on 281. The neighborhoods around sonterra or the vinyards on huebner and blanco have easy access to 1604. There are also great neighborhoods near the concordia church on 1604 and huebner which again avoids the stone oak parkway traffic and 281 traffic. I love living in stone oak and have been here since 1995. I totally agree with Sharpydove in that you have a clean, and safe place to live without the political signs etc. all over the neighborhood.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:14 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,523,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbear24 View Post
I am very excited about moving to SA (okay...I'm a little worried about the cockroaches
While they may be bigger here, they are few and far in between...my Boston apartment was overrun with the buggers. The ones here are outside, and rarely seen!

Welcome to San Antonio...prepare for HEAT!!

Old 03-21-2010, 05:46 PM

I grew up in the desert in California. The other part of my family is from Arizona. I remember visiting them one time in (Bullhead) Arizona and my sandle literally melting on the asphalt I was standing on.

I've always lived around heat, however we have lived in Maryland for 7 years now and I fear I've become soft.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
mcl

70 posts, read 149,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmediasres View Post
Thank you so much for writing this. I'm moving to SA in August, but I was becoming discouraged by a few of the comments.

I've visited SA a couple of times, and stayed with my cousin, who lives in Stone Oak. The people seemed friendly enough. One lady struck up a conversation with me while I waited for take-out. Maybe that's an isolated incident... I hope not. I also visited a church, and the people were extremely kind.

I guess it depends on where you feel comfortable.

Don't be discouraged. I'm glad I could help.

That could well have been me at the take out counter, my husband says I talk to strangers too easily when I'm out running errands.

Feel free to msg me if you have any other questions. I am sure you will find the right area for yourself!

Take care!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:51 PM

923 posts, read 1,495,749 times
Quote:
I understand that the traffic is bad in the Stone Oak and surrounding areas. However, if we chose to buy a home in the NorthEast School district which subdivisions would be the easiest in dealing with traffic and communting to BAMC. My husband doesn't mind the commute, but I would like to make this move as pleasant for everyone involved as possible. Our budget for our home is $300,000-375,000.

Thanks in advance,
Sharon
Hi Sharon, I have lived in Stone Oak for 12 years now. I just built my second house there; sold the first one and decided to build a bigger one in the same area. The traffic issue will be relieved after this summer when Blanco Road construction is finished.
Btw, I'm a native San Antonian, and I do like Stone Oak.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:21 PM
mcl

Our next door neighbor was a Dr. at BAMC and never complained about the commute. They had lived in large cities prior to here, so they didn't find the commute an issue comparatively speaking. We are in NEISD and live in the Links at Canyon Springs.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:34 PM

I don't know why but I didn't realize any part of the Links at Canyon Springs was NEISD. Thanks for the info on your neighbor. We are in a very similar situation

Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 PM
mcl

Quote:
I don't know why but I didn't realize any part of the Links at Canyon Springs was NEISD. Thanks for the info on your neighbor. We are in a very similar situation
Canyon Springs is comprised of several housing subdivisions.

The Estates, San Miguel, The Waters and The Links I am certain are NEISD. If there are sections off of Wilderness Oaks going toward Hardy Oak they would be as well. Past The Links, on Canyon Gulf, going towards Overlook Pkwy, I believe it becomes Comal ISD.

I have my Canyon Spring HOA news letter here, and the other sections are: The Coves, The Reserve, San Miguel, The Trails, The Summit, The Villas, The Boulders, and The Enclave.

Now to complicate things further, "The Estates" has more than one section in it, maybe The Trails and one other, but I lose track of all the details-sorry.

But yes to make a long story short, there are several neighborhoods that are in Canyon Springs, and in are in NEISD, and a few that are also in Comal.

Hopefully you get the idea and this was more helpful than confusing.
Feel free to message me if you need anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio